If Whyte hurt Joshua you better believe Usyk can too.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Nov 7, 2018.

1. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I think most HWs can hurt the other.
    Consider how Fury was knocked down against Cunningham and Wilder wobbled by Molina. Both also former CWs.

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Whyte can not punch at top level, this is bs, Whyte hasn't special power or something, he has normal power.

Usyk is hitting harder than Whyte if he wants.

Usyks style isn't based on laying 100% in every punch. That's it.

Whyte is a slugger and he doesn't even generate massive power.

CST80 likes this.
  3. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Whyte did hurt AJ. A slow, vulnerable, offensive AJ. That version is long gone. He doesn't have the 'knockout at all costs' mentality anymore. He sits back and waits for his opportunity, and he has a much more balanced stance. His chin is now hard to get to. Joshua has the reach and the height, and his technical side of the game has improved massively.

I personally see this fight as very close on the cards. Joshua is an olympic gold medallist, he is no slouch himself. After seeing the Povetkin fight, I've changed my mind. I think Joshua would knock Usyk out, late on. Does Usyk have those hooks that Povetkin had? No. How is Usyk going to get past that long jab and actually land properly. And if he does, how will those punches be strong enough to make AJ respect him? Joshua will be more aggressive against Usyk because he knows he's able to, Usyk doesn't have game-changing power.

Doppleganger likes this.
  4. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah but I don't mince my words like a troll and I'm not creating threads on it, also if I was to create a thread about it on a boxing forum I'd actually add some words to my opening post.

I was guna say what's your problem with Joshua anyway then I remembered your American so it's just envy.

5. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yet if someone made a thread like this about Wilder you wouldn't say a word :elefant:. My aj fangirl detector is going off right now.

6. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    You've spent the last two days crying about Joshua. When somebody points that out does that make them a rabid, irrational fan? Stop trolling.

It's always suspect when somebody proclaims to be NOT a fan of somebody but spends all their free time talking about them. You can be a Joshua fan, it's ok.

7. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I am a Joshua fan! Which is why what I've been saying about him holds more weight. If a fan criticizes a boxer you know they're just calling it how it is!

8. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    If Beterbiev can hurt and drop Usyk you better believe Joshua puts him down for the count...

deadACE likes this.
  9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I agree with you man... that's how I spar as well, I purposely tip tap and pat to give false sense of confidence, and to land more accurately, it still knocks the rhythm out of opponents when you land with some force than miss with big force.

Yeah Whyte has perfected that catch left hook technique, I think everyone could benefit from learning it.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  10. JediPimp007

JediPimp007 Long suffering reader Full Member

May 8, 2006
    Yeah for sure I'll give that one a watch this evening after kids are in bed. I don't really remember the fight that well other than it being fairly close. I did wonder where the hype came from, then saw him take Gassiev apart with ease which surprised me.
    I know what you mean about Joshua, he's not quite perfected switching from offense to defense where movement is concerned, but he's got time on his side. He's always showing something different and he's intelligent on the ring which is a big plus.
    Usyk is absolutely more skilled though, no doubt about that, but I see one of two things happening. Joshua gets outboxed then takes the risk of walking through him and wipes him out mid rounds, or, Usyk tastes the power and gets on his bike amd Joshua is happy to just follow him around the ring for a workman like UD.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  11. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Usyk would just box the ears off Joshua, he's not a man that punches like a horse kicks but he is some boxer

12. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    We don't know how Whyte would look against Wilder as despite being ranked number 1, on a hot streak and with a bumper payday on offer Deontay didn't want to know.

And before everyone gets carried away and starts saying Wilder lays him out easily - I'd expect the same to happen had he actually taken the fight tbh - the fact is he didn't want to fight Whyte for reasons that only make sense to him and his 15 managers.

The Akbar One and Tankatron like this.
  13. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I have to agree, i mean im a fan of Floyd even though i think hes a dirty cheating, cherry picking, PED taking, woman beating, egotistical piece of **** and i wish he would lose by massive violent knock out every single time he fights, but im a fan. Fans of a fighter can be critical and if a fan is critical of a guy they are a fan of they have to be taken seriously.

14. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Works the other way too. If Gassiev hurt Usyk, Joshua definitely can.

15. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Whyte is one of the best HW's in the world...and so will Usyk