If Wilder is losing every round to Fury in the rematch but comes back to KO Fury...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Oakland Billy Smith, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Late in the fight, should there be a 3rd fight?

POTUS likes this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    It'll be just like most Wilder matches. It would be as pointless as Froch-Groves 3.

So no. Quite frankly there shouldn't even be an Ortiz rematch.

3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Depends on HOW one sided it was. If Fury schooled him and beat him up for 75%+ fight only to be suddenly stopped then it would probably warrant a rematch. Competitive with Fury being stopped late? Yeah no 3rd fight.

4. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I agree, not very high on the Ortiz rematch...would rather see one of these other guys get a shot, even Miller or Whyte.
    I still have Wilder head and shoulders above Fury in terms of competition...
    AJ has been the only guy to truly take on all comers...and last I seen him he was grovelling around on the canvas like a drunken hobo

Dance84 and CST80 like this.
  5. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Szpilka
    Washington
    Ortiz
    Fury, obviously Tyson won that but divine intervention saved him in the 12th

In all of them, Wilder was getting badly outboxed

Tramell likes this.
  6. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    As others have said, that’s the Wilder we’ve come to know. One shot from him is all it takes. He isn’t going to outbox anyone.

7. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I really don’t understand the question. You win boxing by knocking someone out or by decision. They don’t redo a race if the driver won by a hair or a mile. They don't have another NBA finals if it was won by one point. Why should it be any different here. Boxing trilogies should only happen if it’s one win a piece. First match was a draw. If the Second match is a draw I’ll be very surprised. So whomsoever wins, wins and that’s the end of it.

kostya by ko likes this.
  8. pacas

pacas Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2014
    I'm not bragging, but if you go back through my post history I predicted before the fight that Wilder would be losing to Tyson Fury and would come from behind and win by KO in the 12th round. lol It was a darn good prediction, but Fury ruined it by getting up off the canvas, so I ended up being wrong since it ended in a Draw.

9. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I suspect Fury would retire if he got KO'd by Wilder so I doubt there'd be a rematch. Fury strikes me as someone who wouldn't cope well with a devastating KO defeat, particularly as his self-belief and perception of invincibility is a key component to his performances. If guys just consider themselves contenders etc they don't care so much about being KO'd, but when fighters believe themselves to be the best or are striving for that, it can be devastating mentally.

Look at Groves, he was severely hampered by the big KO loss and I'd say it was a credit to his mental toughness that he overcame that, but he admitted it had a huge impact. And he's a lot more mentally stable than Fury, who was last seen about to drive his sports car off a bridge.

Also, Paris was very upset about the Wilder fight and if Tyson got KO'd properly, she'd probably want him to retire. Then again, she knows boxing keeps him from driving off bridges, so that's a real hard one for her!

Having said that, if Fury got KO'd, maybe he does manage to deal with it and just starts throwing caution to the wind and having exciting fights out of indifference, just as he went into that mode at the end of the Wilder fight (and Klit fight too actually), and many earlier ones.

10. kostya by ko

kostya by ko Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Not if there's someone out of shape and carrying an an injury ranked 15 by the WBC. Or a unification fight with Manual Charr is a possibility.

11. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    This.