If you had to go against a boxing champion, who would it be?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by themostoverrated, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    And if Vlad pulls out because of an injury….then I want Frank Bruno

2. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Oliver McCall…I would try to get inside his head at the press conference

3. michael mullen

michael mullen Active Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2021
    Maxie Rosenbloom no doubt. I would be clowned and goofed on for whatever the distance was, but Slapsie Maxie didn't generally believe in hurting anybody....and I would be fascinated by the style and methods of a great boxing wizard whom I only read about and not seen on film.

4. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I'd let Ivan Calderón dance around and pepper me for 12 rounds while I slowly plod around. Hopefully I last the distance.

5. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    djanders has the right idea.

Smallest weightclass female champion you can find. Early 20th century rules so you can just clinch your way to survival. Largest gloves available; preferably modern ones.

djanders and Pugguy like this.
  6. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I would pray that Zuri Lawrence somehow pulled off a miracle and became a champion by the time of my sentencing.

7. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    108 pound starving, emaciated, bulimic, anorexic Manny Pacquiao.

8. Pugguy

Pugguy Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Yes, yes but instead of occasional, I would be going for LOTs of clinching - ignoring all warnings and points deductions.

I’d make it up close and personal, chest to chest, Mano A Womano. I’m not launching a fist at that Babe for all the tea in China.

Her nick is “Bang Bang”. Nice! There’s a fine line between pleasure and pain and in a bout v Louisa, the former would exceed the latter for me.

Here’s a nice pic of Louisa - pretty sure she’s indicating to me “I’m coming for you!!”

Yes, you are Louisa and I can hardly wait!

Scratch the win on to your record right now, then it will be a win win for both us.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    djanders likes this.
  9. lone star

lone star Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Johnny Nelson of the Carlos DeLeon fight. He’d hug you to death but at least no head injuries.

LoadedGlove likes this.
  10. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
  11. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    First name that sprang to mind.

12. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Wilde ? You want it quick and clean Mike ?

13. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Where’s all these clowns who say Canelo and Floyd Mayweather Jr are frauds who really never fought anyone?

Won’t even step up to face them in an imaginary fight?

14. Pugguy

Pugguy Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 22, 2021

Beautiful! You're killing me! :D

djanders likes this.
  15. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    Just as a cop-out, I'd go with one of the old LPRR guys. Preferably not Sullivan, but maybe someone more inoffensive like Charlie Mitchell; who was a tremendous puncher in his own right, but also won the "Championship of England" by abusing a 3,000 year old Jem Mace. I'd love to take a round or two and actually attempt to win, or at the very least get an idea of how adept their wrestling was at that time. I'm curious what they would think of the more exotic takedowns from Judo or Sambo being used against them. I'm no Judoka, but I'm sure my wealth of knowledge from 30-second videos I've incorrectly memorized from YouTube would blow their minds.

After that goes terribly, I would break out the eponymous Tug Wilson tactics and d1ck around from rounds 3-15 avoiding contact by any means necessary - running, somersaulting, powersliding. If he attempted to make a rush, I would just take a knee and the round would end instantly. Maybe if I knew I could absolutely get away with it, I would throw a Hail Mary pivot punch during the last round and hope to catch him slipping.