If you managed Olandier Solis Fonte... would you choose to have him fight a Povetkin

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Bigcat, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    If you managed Olandier Solis Fonte, would you choose to have him box Alex Povetkin within the next 6 months? I would personally wait until Solis dropped 20 pounds and began to show more boxing capability than just headhunting like he curently is geting by on. Olandier is a standout talent but Povetkin is on the World scene as of new..

If the money was good and Povetkins people made the call , would you have him sign..?

How integral are you..?

God bless..:good

2. Deebo

Deebo Pure Textual Satisfaction Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

I'd have him change his name cause that ****'s hard to say. :verysad

3. Bigcat

Jan 10, 2006
    I hope not , because Calvin took 6 years in the wilderness to even reach top 30 status..

I haven't that kind of time or patience for any heavyweight..

especially when they are an absolute fraud..

4. Bubba

Bubba Francis was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If I managed Solis, I'd put him on a diet!!

5. Bigcat

Jan 10, 2006
    The most common heavyweight diet is the seafood diet..

They sea food..

Then they eat it.................

6. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    povetkin is on his way up and is known to hardcore boxing fans but maybe having solis fight an unretired Michael Moorer, Andrew Golota etc. would do more for him than a youngsta who is somewhat unknown outside of real boxing fans.

7. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    It's just Solis. Cubans don't use the mother's last name.

I wouldn't let either of them fight each other period, because they both need to get popular first. Someday it will be a big money fight. Yeah, Solis needs to lose weight, but it's pretty obvious that he hasn't been training too hard in his initial taste of freedom, and I'm sure that once he gets to the point where he's challenged, he'll work harder...

8. The Tuaman

The Tuaman Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2005
    You certainly cant give Olandier or his management a hard time for padding his record! Andreas Sidon certailny wouldnt be the name most management would go for for their charges pro debut!

He obviously has talent. Some questions still remain however and he take a BIG shot? whats his stamina like? Does he have heart? He's going to need all 3 to be truly successfull

9. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I'd like to see him fight someone that does not look scared shitless before they even enter the ring.