If you're a fan of Ray Mercer...read this

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by boxingcar, Jun 18, 2007.

1. boxingcar

boxingcar Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Kimbo (his next opponent) training video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0EcCef1aHQ
    ------------------------------------

Here's what Mercer said about his first MMA fight..

(originally posted by barneyrub)

RAY MERCER quotes about his training
    ........................................ ..........................
    "I’ve been doing Ju Jitsu. We worked with a lot of people to get prepared for this fight. Dave is still with us and we have another two guys that are real experienced in this game and they’ve been showing me a lot. We have been training real hard for this fight. This training camp has been harder than training for a regular fight. There are so many things that I have learned in this MMA thing. We’ve been doing it all.
    when you train, you have to be prepared for anything. So we trained and prepared for everything. Boxing is our number one thing and that is what I like to do. But I know that other things are going to come out and we are going to be ready. We are going to do some offensive things....."

"You have to train to be ready for everything. And I am not going to get in there and box. Fighters throw two hands. I hear Kimbo is working on his kicks. And I know he is going to try it so we have to be prepared for that."

"It’s going to be a great night and it’s going to show people that as old as I am I can still learn some things."

"I am just learning what they are teaching me to do....what I have been able to do is learn. I am always going to be Ray mercer, but this is martial arts, I am not just going in there to box. I am going to learn everything. I already know how to box, learning these other things is kind of rough but I’m learning it and I‘m going to have to know it. I have been training in martial arts for 9 weeks.....I’m not a wrestler but we are trying to learn this thing."

"This has been an adjustment for me. I have to prepare for more things. Training in boxing mode is all about discipline. In this you have to be just as intense because you have everything coming at you. You don’t know what he’s going to throw. You have to be prepared in a different kind of sense – you have to ready for everything."

"I had to make adjustments and I had people help me with that."

"All I care about is winning this fight. That is the most important thing in my life right now. Just like Kimbo said, his life has changed. My life has changed too. It has given me another notch in the fight game. My kids and my family...this is for them. When I get in that ring, I am willing to die for my family....I am taking this fight very seriously.

"This fight is for me and my family. I’ve got nine kids, man, and we need to win this fight and we need to win this fight big. I never trained this hard – I’ve never been in training camp for nine weeks. I’ve been doing this training thing for nine weeks. I lost my last fight [to shannon briggs] and I’ve got to bounce back. I’m not ready to quit fighting. I’m 46-years-old and that is nothing to me. It shows that I’ve got a little more experience in life. Age is nothing but a number. You can ask George Foreman the same thing. He became champion at what? 45 years old? I am doing this because I am doing this, I can. Age is nothing but a number. I know you’ve heard that before, but age is just a number. With age comes experience."

"I would definitely do this again. It is making me feel young, and if my body can hold up I’m all for it."

"We are going to do this then go have a drink."

2. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    in mma when you tap on a guys ass that means you quit.

3. CHATABOX

CHATABOX Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    He's gonna tap that ass cos he's goin to make Kimbo his Biiiatch!

4. Thor

Thor ESB's King of Cool Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    For the good of human kind Ray, destroy Kimbo! That is all.

5. Tuavale

Tuavale Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Kimbo lost to a Boston Cop and at that time didn't know much MMA. He was getting caught in energy draining guillotines and ultimately lost because of fatigue. He's in deep with a motivated Mercer.

6. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Mercer is gonna destroy this clown. Early too. :yep

7. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    How do you rate Kimbo's chin?

8. Shpion

Shpion IDF Full Member

Feb 9, 2007
  9. magnificentdave

magnificentdave Constant Reminder Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    okay, crap... I was pretty certain mercer was gonna take Kimbo out easy, but if kimbo has got Bas Rutten training him, and it is more than a publicity thing, then mercer might eat it in this fight

10. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Kimbo Slice - YouTube fighter who goes up against guys with no talent besides Gannon.

Ray Mercer - Former heavyweight champion

RAY MERCER WILL WIN - BRUTALLY!

11. trac209

trac209 Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2004
    When is that fight? Anyone know

12. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    This Saturday, 8 PM ET according to the fight poster

I'll be watching Castillo-Hatton without question

13. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

14. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Mercer always had my respect. Very tough guy. He would have been great in old time bare knuckle boxing.

15. Toney

Toney Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2004
    :-( Please, don´t say that. Rather;

Kimbo Slice - YouTube fighter who goes up against guys with no talent besides Gannon.

Ray Mercer - A top10 heavyweight 15-10 years ago, who won some federations "world" title.

Mercer was never a true champ.