If you're going to a fight, and you're sitting at the back, what's it like?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Sep 21, 2021.

1. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Spurs stadium is very different to Wembley. The top tier is a lot closer to the pitch. The whole stadium is designed that way in order to generate an atmosphere.

You'll have a decent view. Certainly no need for binoculars.

The seats are also very comfortable. Everything is digital in the stadium so queuing is at a minimum. Getting drinks will be easy.

2. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Worth the admission fee alone.

Jurgen likes this.
  3. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Agree
    I saw Hatton fight there and was in a hospitality box with - view was good enough and the atmosphere was brilliant
    I still watched the fight back afterwards as of course you cant see all the stuff going on without the benefit of TV but I thoroughly enjoyed it
    Vegan you should have a brilliant time and sincerely hope you and your mates enjoy what should be an amazing atmosphere and (hopefully) decent fight with lots of memories / talking points

4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020

Thanks guys, this makes me feel more confident. But I bought binoculars just in case :yaay:yaay:yaay:yaay

Nick UK likes this.
  5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    That’s good to hear, I’m there for the NFL in a few weeks time.

In terms of OPs post, never been to a stadium fight but I sat in the top tier at the Manchester Arena for Groves / Eubank Jr and it was ****. Best I’ve found is lower tier, on the floor people are jumping up and down too much but lower tier your close enough to watch the bout but not interrupted if you’re trying to see what’s going on.

Cookiedough, sniffmybadger and keysey like this.
  6. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Totally agree about the floor seats. Lower tiers are just right, unless you can get inner ringside or at the near front of the outer ringside seats, and be in the middle or near to.If you drop behind a corner post, you may as well be at home watching it. I was on the floor at the Barclaycard arena in Brum for a Kal Yafai fight. Never again, like you say, people standing up etc, made it hard work. Lower tiers are a better option in my opinion.

Journey Man likes this.
  7. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Agreed. Best I ever had was when I won a facebook competition via Boxing News. Me and my mate sat with the ring girls for the Paul Butler vs Stuart Hall in Newcastle. It was brilliant. But I’ve been on the floor a few times where we’ve not seen what’s going on, such as Khan vs Barrera. I sat on the floor (at the back next to the entrance ramp) for Taylor vs Prograis and that wasn’t too bad because we could still see around people if they were up and jumping.