Ike Ibeabuchi vs Prime Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Dec 2, 2019.

1. WAR01

WAR01 In the 7.2% Full Member

Aug 19, 2019
    No.

2. Charlietf

Charlietf Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    But i bet he had a good di... Lol

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  3. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Tyson in 1989 was hurt By Frank Bruno. Intimidation was Tyson's weapon. I don't think Ike would be intimidated, he had a solid skill set, a top chin and good power. I never saw Ike hurt, ever.

I'd would have liked to have seen more from Ike, who in my opinion was better than Bruno or Douglas. Tyson would need to finish the job early. He might fold late. More data is needed to call this one.

4. WAR01

Aug 19, 2019
    Allegedly all of Tyson’s bones where small I asked Spinks.

5. Charlietf

Feb 25, 2020
    If you have big Dick the size of your bones are irrelevant

6. WAR01

Aug 19, 2019
    I was talking about that bone.

7. Charlietf

Feb 25, 2020
    Ohh lol then he has a problem

swagdelfadeel and WAR01 like this.
  8. WAR01

Aug 19, 2019
    lol

9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Everything about Ike is overrated.
    Literally. Everything.

His chin is only as good as Tua's power, which is overrated. What top, durable opponent did Tua stop? I'll let you sleep on that. Furthermore, Tua had him rattled and stumbling a couple times. This man was rocked out of his skin by someone who never stopped a ranked tough guy. I'm not saying he didn't hit hard, but he's no Tyson. No Liston. No Baer. ect.

His stamina is excellent, no question about it. However, when people say it's the best ever at HW? FOH. Frazier/Marciano >

Physically strong? I seem to remember Tua pushing him back... and I seem to remember Tua getting man-handled by Lennox. When people mention Ike they talk about how strong and stocky he is at 240lbs... clearly wasn't too much for Lewis. OVERRATED.

Why do people talk like he has genuine power? He has one impressive stoppage, against someone who was 40lbs smaller and not known for toughness anyway.

His career is based of a fight he didn't even win and a KO of a LHW. And hell, the entertainment of Tua/Ike is overrated n all. :lol:

Ike is a good HW, but his actual career showed he reached his cap with David Tua. We just didn't get to see him lose.

10. Charlietf

Feb 25, 2020
    Tua's power is not overrated at all. He did hit that hard. Simply you can't knock everybody out . tyson could not ko James smith

11. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Hym it's not overrated? It's literally the most overrated thing on the forum.

There's a difference between Tyson not stopping Smith, Blood and the like, Tua didn't stop anyone durable at world level. When he had to face an elite HW his power vanished, and when it came to the contenders he was fighting; they weren't that durable and he took 10 rounds to stop Rahman (on an illegal shot) then went ANOTHER 12 with Rahman, took 12 to stop Izon, 11 to stop Maskeav ect, ect. Overrated power.

Someone like Povetkin, Peter or Cleveland Williams could recreate results like that.

12. Charlietf

Feb 25, 2020
    It has nothing to do with his level of power,it has more to do with his overall skill level, he was limited but had huge power. You can argue that he has skill limitations against elite oposition but disputing his power is just laughable, you can blahblah all you want" but the film is there. Cleveland williams was a banger but he is not in the same league of Tua for pure raw hitting power. By your logic then Frazier did hit harder than Foreman because he could drop Ali and Foreman could not, or henrry cooper

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  13. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Tyson on points. If Tua arguably beat Ibeabuchi, then I'd expect Tyson to win a wider decision. Good fight

Charlietf likes this.
  14. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Eye test means a lot less with no results to back it up. Keep arguing, though. You're literally proving my point that he's overrated. Also, I didn't dispute his power, I literally said "I'm not saying he didn't hit hard". I disputed his power being the legend it's made out to be.
    No? :lol:

My logic was that what Tua did is unimpressive, here's 3 fighter who aren't as celebrated who could top do it as well.

15. Charlietf

Feb 25, 2020
    "They would" "they could"

Prove it... Can you?