I'll never understand why Wilder....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Sep 20, 2022.

1. ikrasevic

ikrasevic For the honorable cross and the golden freedom Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    Somehow it is not logical to me that Wilder is afraid of AJ and White, and is not afraid of 3 fights with Fury (in the third fight he showed that he has heart, and IMO also in the second one as he complained to his corner that they threw in the towel).

Glass City Cobra likes this.
  2. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Whyte and Joshua have never shown bravery like what Wilder did in the second and third fight with Fury.

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    because eddie hearn is a condescending POS

Will have asked for way too much for his manufactured bums

4. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Lol at being scared of guys who can't survive his right hand and speed.

5. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Exactly two guys with suspect chins that Wilder didn't fight and he resisted so much to fight.

6. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Wilder should take the big money fights and ride off into the sunset.

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Being a Haymon fighter I don't think he ever has the option to take the fight. I don't think Wilder was scared of either, remember that 50 mill offer he emailed to Hearn, sure it was BS but it showed to me he was trying to force something to happen but Finkel wouldn't even meet with Hearn to discuss it.

I think it was very much a case of Haymon and Finkel looking to protect their investment. Their priority was PBC as a brand and that meant ensuring they had a heavyweight champion on their roster even if it meant turning down record money for a heavyweight fight and also why Wilder was so often matched up against other PBC heavyweights to ensure the belt always stayed in house.

Reality is no amount of money and no deal, no matter what the terms would have seen Haymon agree to risk his heavyweight title against anyone that had a chance vs Wilder who wasn't signed to PBC. Even now without the title I doubt it happens as they look to move either Wilder or Ruiz into a title shot. Maybe if Wilder loses to Ruiz we finally get to see AJ/Wilder but even then maybe not.

Saintpat and kriszhao like this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

That to me is also the big question, Punch resistance and perhaps confidence . I haven't bought into the hype that Helenius has resurrected his career just because he exposed what level Kownacki was really at. Wilder should do a bomb squad number on Helenius but as you say, his punch resistance could alter the fight if the big guy goes at Wilder, he does have heavy hands.

Oddone likes this.
  9. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    In his third fight with Fury, Wilder seemed dazed early on, before anything had landed truly flush.That's the main reason I have concerns. Well, that and the fact that a giant beat him senseless multiple times.

That being said I refuse to write him off especially against the guy who's main claim to greatness is beating the wish.com version of Golota.

Reinhardt and kriszhao like this.
  10. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Eddie Hearn is a wonderful story teller.

11. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Even more so than Fury, Wilder ducks anyone who is good and in their prime.

12. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    I don’t know if Wilder was scared, if I give him credit for anything it’s being a warrior.

I think Finkel, Haymon and De Billa were scared of Joshua because of his power, combinations, size AND his ability to box.
    There were too many fights against poor opposition who were easily outboxing Wilder until Deontays right hand got him out of a hole
    Against Joshua he could not afford to be on the back foot because, where the other opponents couldn’t, Joshua would have knocked him out!

Dance84 likes this.
  13. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Wilder doesn’t hit as hard as the right hand Klitschko landed on Joshua and he got up and won that fight

fencik45 likes this.
  14. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I don't usually comment on these things, but it seems Wilder's career has been pretty carefully guided, and the $$$ earned, in light of his actual skill set, is staggering. I know there has been corruption in boxing (and most other big-money sports, according to some) since the beginning.

However, I do have to admit, if boxing could somehow return to it's glory days, with loads of great fights, fighters & everything else..........I might be persuaded to turn a bit of a blind eye to the corruption part :cool:

Dance84 likes this.
  15. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

Lol

Levook likes this.