im going for a hatton win

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by steelem, Sep 30, 2007.

1. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    i knew pavlik would beat taylor last night - & im gonna go for hatton beating mayweather.. you just had to look at taylors last fights & what poor performances he was putting in yet getting the win - where as pavlik has just been improving improving & with far the biggest punch ive seen for a while - so I believe this will be the same on the Dec 8th - hatton is improving whilst the champion is scraping Wins

Cmon Hatton

2. warrior85

warrior85 R.I.P THUNDER Full Member

May 30, 2007
    i agree,i think mayweather is underestimating hatton to the point that he isnt taking this fight 100% seriously&i think ricky will be that up for it that nothin floyd does will stop him from marching foward&throwin everythin at him,i see hatton takin a close SD by 2 or 3 rounds.fingers crossed!!

3. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    I think Mayweather has being better than Taylor in that aspect recently and also that Pavlik has being explosive where Hatton has being up and down..

Two different fights, hard to read much into them

4. steelem

Mar 5, 2006
    not really healy - he had 1 bad fight against collazo & that was only because the managemnt team got it wrong - can you name any other bad fight hatton has done - as i can name about 5 of mayweathers??

5. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    The Urango fight wasn't allhat impressive and i thought the Maussa fight was terrible til one punch ended it

Name the Mayweather fights..

6. spenno

spenno New Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2007
    urango was a southpaw and so was collazo. I think thats the reason for his "bad" performance (he still won, afterall).
    From what i've seen of him Mayweather sometimes assumes southpaw stance, but i doubt that he'll stay that way for long when there's an angry hatton pressed against him, delivering rib-breakers from short-range

7. steelem

Mar 5, 2006
    De la hoya , Carlos Baldomir Zab Judah DeMarcus Corley Victoriano Sosa Jose Luis Castillo

8. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    First 5 or 6 rounds against urango were the best hatton has boxed in years. Maussa was horrible with his head flying in everywhere. Collazo was a bad move, and one that team Hatton didnt want. Billy Graham deffo didnt want it. Hatton was wayyyy off form with Virches too ~(still won 11 of 12 rds i think, but he was supposed to steam right through him).

not sure how you can say Mayweather DLH was bad, DLH is probably still top 10 p4p and is massive compared to floyd.
    Castillo is going back nearly 6 years. If we're going back that far we can thrown in Magee Hatton.
    Baldomir was unified champion and was beaten 120-108 (what more can he do?).
    Sosa beaten 119-109, thats dominance.
    Corley knocked down twice although floyd did catch a couple didnt he.
    Not seen the Judah fight in full, but Judah was one rd down on my card when he wilted against Cotto, so he;s still class operator.

9. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Erm...stopped Tszyu who was rated as top 5 p4p and who had just destroyed Mitchell.

10. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    I didn't say anything about p4p great in terms of Hatton I said Tsyzu was rated as such. You asked what Hatton had done other than beat Castillo, I answered with "Stopped Tsyzu". You can call him old or whatever you like, the fact is that the old man obliterated Mitchell and was the undisputed 140 champion, ring champion and everyone picked him to KO Hatton.

By the way I think PBF will beat Hatton with ease but that does not make Hatton a "bum" or any of the other crap some people will call him.

11. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    good post apart from i think you should go and look at Collazo v Hatton again. I really have a hard time in believing even the biggest Hatton fan could give Ricky 11 out of the 12 rounds....
    Infact that must mean you gave Hatton EVERY ROUND apart from the last...
    :huh

12. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Not much similarity is there really, every fighter is different and has different attributes. But for the sake of it, if yu look at very simple traits...

Hatton and Pavlik are both come forward fairly one dimensional fighters who rely on high work rate and have racked up good KO percentages beating (relative) lower - mid class opposition.
    Taylor and Mayweather both technical boxers who like to fight at their own pace picking accurate precise shots. Both fighters are former olympians. Both looked beatable in their last fight(s).

13. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Eh, who said anything bout giving Hatton 11 of 12 against collazo, I gave 11 of 12 against Virches.

14. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    read it wrong, i apologise:D

15. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Like you said, even the most loyal Hatton fan couldnt possibly have given him 11 of the 12 with Collazo.