I'm still in laughing at how Povetkin "TKO'd" Whyte....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    common thing.

yeah and sometimes guy is pretty fresh, just bleeding is not stopped completely and TKO gets declared.

Whyte? He get concussion, really looked completely switched off considerably longer more than 20 seconds.

2. Mickea4

Mickea4 Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2018
    I guess on paper it's laughable because somebody who knows nothing about the sport , just going by the records, wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Povetkin TKOing Whyte and AJ TKOing Takam, it is quite laughable really

3. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    stfu noob.

The correct term is a Technical Count Out. See 3.33.3 of the British Boxing Board Of Control's Rules Of Boxing.

4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4 Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Because it is better for the safety of the fighters if the referee just waves it when there is no chance of them being ok to continue.

5. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY I've had so much sex during lockdown Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    You're the guy who thinks James Toney beats the Klitschkos :lol: along with a laundry list of other dumbass takes....

6. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Tko’s and ko's both get defined as knockouts when your record gets talked about, a victory inside the distance goes down as a knockout, it’s only when it’s written down that they differentiate between the two, but it doesn’t really matter, especially with a knockout like that when ever they bring up that fight that punch will be spoke about and remembered.
    The worse problem is when premature stoppages get put down as a tko and that’s easier to get forgotten