In 12-16 months Hatton & Calzaghe will be p4p 1 & 2

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by db2431, Jun 24, 2007.

1. db2431

db2431 Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Book it baby!When Calzaghe demolishes Kessler and Hopkins/Winky & Hatton beats Cotto and PBF its a formality!

2. hulter

hulter New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Oii..... great, thanks for letting me know, now i know where to put my money.

hulter

3. db2431

db2431 Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    No problem, these 2 are the hungriest, most talented fighters out there at the moment!

4. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    lol hatton wont fight either of them

5. Carlos Primera

Carlos Primera Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    calzaghe i can see being top 3 when he defeats kessler this year and propelled to no. 1 when he beats the winner of hopkins-wright. i think hatton-cotto is 60/40 in favor of hatton if it happens at 147.

6. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    That is rubbish, as the American boxing media decide who is P4P number one. That is also why Calzaghe is outside the top 3 right now.

7. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    That is delusional. The Yanks will not ever allow Calzaghe to be given that much credit. They'll move him to 3-5 at best, "Kessler had beaten no greats" "Hopkins/Wright were shot" (even though they still listed them as a top P4P fighter)

8. Danny Ocean

Jun 19, 2007
    calzaghe is outside the top 3 because hes never fought anyone inside the top 20

9. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    That has never stopped Hopkins.

10. Danny Ocean

Jun 19, 2007
    tarver trinidad de la hoya

11. sues2nd

sues2nd Fading into Bolivian... Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Are you insane?

I like both fighters....but you have to be a blind moron to really believe this.

And did you call Calzaghe "hungry'?

Wait let me check....

Yeah you did????

You really are crazy...:yep

12. sues2nd

Aug 7, 2004
    Ummmm, if we are talking top20.

Tito was top 5
    Oscar was top 10-15
    Tarver was top 20
    Jones (a loss, but still...at least he FOUGHT someone worth a note) was top 5...not sure he was #1 yet at that point
    Winky is top 5
    Taylor was top 10-15 (and those fights were close enough where most people feel he won, so....plus again, at least he attempts to fight good fighters.)

China_Hand_Joe...your a great poster when your blind man love for Calzaghe doesnt cloud your judgement (and even when it does your still at least HILARIOUS!!!! GREAT NEW AVATAR!!! :good ), but you really dont believe what you just said about Hop...

13. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Tito and Oscar were not P4P fighters at middleweight in my honest opinion and in hindsight, Tarver is, well Tarver is Tarver. If Joe beats Kessler, then for me that beats any single win on Hopkins resume.

14. Korn_06

Korn_06 ESB Slave Full Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Can I get some of that you are smoking?:smoke

15. sues2nd

Aug 7, 2004
    It doesnt matter what weightclass they are in for their p4p ranking...

Just because Floyd moves up in weight to take on someone, it doesnt drop him out of the top spot???

And if you remember, Tito had just DESTROYED Joppy...who WAS one of the better (definately top ten) MWs out there. This Tito wasnt a MW buisiness is ridiculous.

Plus beating Tarver wasnt just impressive because he was a top 20 p4p fighter (Tarver is Tarver was the best way to put it), you also have to look at Hop jumping 2 weight classes to take on the widely veiwed champion at that weight. And to do it at his advanced age was just AMAZING!

And Joe beating Kessler (who is on NO ONES top ten p4p list, tho I personally think he is a fantastic fighter...) isnt a bigger win than Hop over Tito...or Hop over Winky (if it plays out that way)....OR ARGUABLY HOP OVER TARVER (more for the reasons I mentioned above, as opposed to just beating Tarver)...sorry, if Joe pulls it out, it will be a great win, but cmon...

And ya know I love Calzaghe....but again, cmon.

(BUT MY GOD THAT AVATAR HAS ME IN TEARS BRO....:good )