In Their First 10 Pro Fights, Who's Been More Impressive? Vasyl or Floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Todd498, Aug 6, 2017.

Who's Been More Impressive In Their First 10 Fights As A Pro??

1. Lomachenko

92 vote(s)
    86.0%
  2. Mayweather

15 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Now let's have a civilized and intelligent discussion here! Who has been more impressive in their first 10 pro fights? I won't include amateur credentials because that isn't even fair and would be just cruel. Lol

In my opinion.. and I'm NOT trying to take anything away from Floyd here.. but Loma's first 10 fights as a pro blasts anything Floyd did in his first ten out of the water. But I know some will disagree with this. Reasons?

Kevin Willis likes this.
  2. MrTombourineMan

MrTombourineMan Торрейра хорошо. Full Member

Apr 16, 2016
    There's really no comparison to be had here. Loma may have only achieved a fraction of what Floyd has so far but there simply isn't a case to be made for Floyd's first 10 fights being better than Loma's. Floyd's seventh fight was against some bloke with a 12-15 record, Loma was crowned two division world champ after the same milestone. The real comparison will be of Loma's next 39 fights.

kirk, zeratul, BCS8 and 7 others like this.
  3. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Good point. Some will actually have a bit of a problem with that though ;)

Rudy likes this.
  4. wifly

wifly Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    No one in the history of boxing has had the level of opposition Loma has in the first ten fights.
    In a scale from 0 to 10 I rate Lomas first ten fight resume 10 and Floyds 6. With that said, Floyd was 19 when he made his pro debut and had much less amateur experience

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Lomo is an amazing fighter. Offense, defense, footwork, toughness, and power.

khaosai galaxi and Todd498 like this.
  6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    a more apt comparison would be the first 4 years of their respective careers. Considerably closer that way (Floyd started off way slower but picked up steam in his 2nd year... Edge to Lomachenko since he won belts in two different weight classes in that span - also beat a very game Russel Jr. in only his 3rd pro fight. All that said.... 2 years before reaching world title level is still pretty good, safe and acceptable, so the route Floyd took should not be slated. That's probably the preferred and safer method for most blue chippers(Joshua and Usyk took this route) in all honesty. It's only a problem when you're a highly touted prospect 4-5 years into your career and still crushing tomato cans before getting a gift title shot like a certain someone was.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Kevin Willis likes this.
  7. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Loma's 3rd pro fight.

This content is protected

In Floyd's 3rd pro fight he fought a guy by the name of Jerry Cooper who had a 16-16 record.

Kevin Willis likes this.
  8. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Agreed. Taking the route of Wilder is just a bad look.

Kevin Willis and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  9. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Floyd is a level above Loma, period.

10. weegriffin

weegriffin Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 25, 2009
    A better comparison would be Floyd's resume at 29 Vs Lomachenko current resume.

11. Todd498

Jun 13, 2011
    Sure! We can throw in Loma's 395-1 Amateur record with the multiple world championships and Olympic Golds! I wasn't going to because I thought it might be mean considering Floyd failed on the biggest stages of his amateur career and lost multiple times but hey... we can combine the ams too :)

iii and Kevin Willis like this.
  12. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Come on now :lol:

Loma is pretty unique in how quickly his pro career developed. Even other fighters with very long, successful and extensive amateur careers (though not as brilliant as Loma) didn't have such a quick rise as Loma as a pro.

I'm wondering if the long amateur careers caught up with fighters like Donald Curry and Terry Norris, both of whom reportedly had hundreds of amateur fighters, and were shells of their former selves by the time they were 30. I recently rewatched the Keith Mullings fight and was shocked how slow Norris looked. Norris also was known to go all out in sparring.

GGG seems to be going pretty good despite a very extensive amateur career. He may be slipping at 35 and after all those fights. For now, I'll just give Danny Jacobs credit for doing better than expected and making it a very close fight on my card (GGG 114-113).

KiwiMan and SteelShoulders like this.
  13. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    What the hell add in his 6 matches in the WSB, Loma's resume is still levels above Floyd's first 16 matches. Actually his 6 matches in the WSB are better than any of Floyd's first 10 opponents.:lol:

Todd498 and iii like this.
  14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't think you can really compare after 10 fights, different ages, different stages of physical development and different levels of amateur experience when turning professional.

You might be able to compare ages but even that isn't really a gauge, fighters develope at different stages.

15. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I assume if Lomachenko went pro after his first gold medal he would have taken a similar route to those before him.