In their last fight, who faced the better oppo? Joshua, Wilder or Fury?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, Jun 15, 2019.

1. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Only the morons who DKSAB. :duh

2. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I’m pointing out that you’re asking the wrong question. If you don’t take the results into account, exactly what is your point.

If you want to hang your hat on “AJ lost to a guy better than Wilder or Fury beat,” that’s not exactly a great claim.

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  3. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Ruiz > Breazeale > Schwarz

4. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011

Calm down boss, no need to get all butthurt and stuff, we are just discussion Boxing, not a nuclear holocaust.

I wasn't talking about Joshua loss, I'm talking their individual opponents resume and their standing. This is not about Wilder knocking Breazeale out in the 1st or Joshua losing in the 4th.

I'm talking who on fight night, you looked at the opponent and said to your TV "Whoa, this one will be rough".

5. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    If you couldn't tell that Ruiz would be rough, you DKSAB. And oh yea, it was the 7th round that AJ quit.

6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    You'd think all that was obvious but rewind a few months and there were people on here insisting that Breazeale >>>>>> Ruiz..

Robney likes this.
  7. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    You'd be surprised though there are still fools who think Ruiz is a bum.

8. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Well knowing that Ruiz stopped Joshua, it’s easy to act like people thought that would be “rough.”

And while many posters had acknowledged Ruiz’s skill set, there was no sentiment going into his fight with AJ that it was a tough matchup and an upset in the making.

That’s especially true after the weigh-in. Go back and look at the threads for yourself: the impression was AJ was fighting a fat, if skilled, guy who was in no shape to be considered a really live underdog. Hardly anyone posted anything going into fight night suggesting that AJ was in for a “rough” one.

9. thesmokingm

Nov 18, 2009
    That's because when ppl see a fat guy then their fat prejudice overrides their logic center and they get moronic. All it would take to get educated on Ruiz is to watch 5 minutes of his last fight before AJ. Dimitrenko is like a poor mans copy of AJ.

10. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Why ask such an obvious question?

11. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Thanks for the correction, not sure why I had the 4th round in my mind..oh well. As far as Ruiz, I wasn't saying that he wasn't good or not, I was just getting a gage of what other posters thought.

I watched the Parker and Dimentriko fights, I knew what time it was with Ruiz. Michael Hunter, who faced and beat Ruiz in the amateurs said that Ruiz has one of the fastest hands in the heavyweight division.

thesmokingm likes this.
  12. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    You are getting treated poorly in this thread because you asked an intellectually dishonest question.

Everyone knows Ruiz is better than DB & TS. But you seem to want to defend Joshua's defeat on that basis, which raises issues independent of those other fights and which you seem to want to avoid. Instead of asking a silly non-question, why don't you make an argument that the loss isn't so bad?

Saintpat likes this.
  13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    1. Ruiz Jr

2. Breazeale

3. Eurobum Schwarz

That was the case, before the fights, and the fights themselves proved it too.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  14. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Ruiz

Schwarz
    Breazeale

15. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    LOL

thesmokingm likes this.