In your opinion, the most overrated fighter in the world?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BigStiffIdiot, Feb 5, 2019.

1. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    1. Luis Ortiz

This obsession with Ortiz really winds me up. He is 39, slow, doesn't have good work rate and cannot keep a pace for 12 rounds. His best win is probably Jennings who's best win himself is probably Dimitrenko (who was 36 years old and passed it) or if not him then Szpilka who isn't a world beater.

2. Joseph Parker

Once again, really do not get the whole idea of him being a top heavyweight. I genuinely think there is 10 guys out there that could beat him, some very convincingly. Everyone sees to say how quick and tough he is but at times against Whyte and Joshua he barely wanted to throw a punch.

3. Errol Spence

Very different to the two previous mentioned but I wouldn't have him in the top 10 P4P as most people seem to do. I do not think Kell Brook as a stand alone big win gives you top 10 status. The rest of his resume is pretty underwhelming.

2. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Luis ortiz overrated. And Errol Spence overrated agreed ....but Joseph Parker I really don't see a bunch of hype on him so idk

3. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    They want to stop but something compels them to continue.

BigStiffIdiot and red_roo like this.
  5. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Used to be, I guess.
    Nowadays people have caught up it seems.

6. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    lol exaclty

7. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    The Charlo brothers. They are talked about often on this forum as gods of their divisions that are being seriously avoided and have devastating power. At least that's in the eyes of the people hyping them up.

In my eyes and many others, they are complete bums who will get badly beaten against the elite of their divisions. Specifically the bigger brother who will get clipped all over when he steps up to face the likes of GGG, Canelo, Jacobs, BJS, Andrade and so on. He doesn't deserve to lace their shoes let alone share the ring with them.

8. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    HGH Spence...

LDBC act like he's Hagler mark II

mark ant and Wasteman like this.
  9. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Wilder. 39 bums bowled over, some of then after some real tough rounds and actually getting ouboxed by low level sluggers then 2 times he has tried his hand at the top and twice he has needed dodgy officiating to save him and neither of those 2 were in any fit fighting shape at the time.

10. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    gervonta davis

mark ant and Brixton Bomber like this.
  11. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    wrong the charlos bros are hated on this forum #2 Charlo is the WBC mandatory to canelos so for you to say that charlo does not deserve to lace gloves with them . you are saying all mandatories do not deserve there shot . then the same goes for Eleider Alvarez who was Stevenson WBC mandatory he never deserved his rightful fight as mandatory . And #3 keep the same energy when charlo steps up and beats either one of those guys . do not make excuses ("GGG was to old " "Andrade was a nobody" "Danny Jacobs was past it " keep the same energy

northpaw likes this.
  12. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    The only reason he is mandatory is because of Al Haymon's secret spending on the WBC. We've just seen proof of the bias towards Haymon when the Wilder-Fury purse bid was postponed. The WBC protect Haymon's fighters and favour them in rankings. That's the only reason he is so-called 'interim' champion. It's so clear and obvious at this stage.

And are you seriously suggesting that Charlo beats these guys? Everyone talks about Charlo's power. Well how about GGG's power? Canelo's power? BJS' (Very underrated) power? Even Lemieux's power? If we're just judging things off power, then surely Lemieux would have beaten GGG? No? It's obvious that Charlo can't box anywhere near the standard of the elite middleweights. He's edged past guys who the elites would have eaten for breakfast. That is a fact.

red_roo and Brixton Bomber like this.
  13. Dance84

Oct 11, 2017
    im saying ggg canelo do not have korobovs headmovement and his footwork . they literally stick their chin out there for the taking

14. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    i think everyone is rated fairly atm. i think if anyone is slightly overated its the charlo at 160lbs. but he is still a really good fighter. and after dodging the bullet vs korobov that might be just wat he needed to humble himself and propel him to where he actually should be considering the way he carries himself and acts like hes the best thing sense sliced bread.

15. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    \What are you talking about? 3g keeps his chin tucked and head down 99% of the time in the ring.