Inoue: Packing Glass?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Zakman, May 6, 2024.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    And our boy we love to hate Canelo

2. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Anybody who thinks Inoue has a glass chin should divorce themselves from this forum and go watch women’s soccer cause they DKSAB.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    A perfect punch delivered by an opponent many divisions from where Pac started.

Levook and pincai like this.
  4. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    An all-time great boxer can have his legs turned to jelly, but the brain doesn't turn to jelly. There is something inside of them that enables them to get out of trouble and survive and win. Inoue kept his composure, shook it off, and went on to win the fight.

Now I'm even more convinced that he's pound-for-pound the best fighter in the world today.

5. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Share some of whatever you're smokin', hippie.

6. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Another hype job has been exposed. Thank you, Luis Nery.

7. FreddieGibbs

FreddieGibbs Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2024
    I’ve given the fight a rewatch and I actually think he might’ve stood on his own lace. It’s hard to tell from the angle but they were flapping about near the ground all night and the way he fell looked very unnatural. But it also could’ve just been his feet not being set and his right hook carrying him through.

Anyway Nery caught Inoue with a hard counter left early in round 2 after Inoue jabbed to the body and Inoue didn’t look arsed. I still don’t think he was actually hurt by the one that put him down.

Dorrian_Grey and Levook like this.
  8. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He's shown nothing but a good chin to date. He's an aggressive fighter, who takes risks, so he will now and again take a big shot, he ate a huge punch for a known puncher, when trying to throw a punch of his own, was spun 180 degrees by the shot and his eyes looked completely clear and was in full control of his faculties. Nobody is knocking him out with 1 shot at 122, they will need to land a monster combo or break him down, his chin and powers of recovery are too good.

Now at 126 that maybe different, as the guys at 126 will be naturally bigger, stronger and hit harder, so these momentary lapses in concentration which sees him getting caught could come back to bite him in the ass. But at 122, his chin is very good.

The Cryptkeeper and Levook like this.
  9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Based on that 99.9999 of fighters have a glass chin, according to you. Christ even Hagler went down once, Hagler glass chin right, lol.

10. Levook

Aug 26, 2020
    I agree, I think Inoue was more bewildered and stunned than actually hurt bad.

11. Levook

Aug 26, 2020
    I don't understand why some people are coming down on this kid, he gives you everything you want as a boxing fan - exciting fights, loads of skill lots of courage and determination, fights everybody, what more do you want?

Dorrian_Grey, J.C and The Cryptkeeper like this.
  12. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2023
    Mate, this is the very thing that stinks up the joint.

I can sort of understand why Canelo cops it. Some of his choices have been average lately and some of his back story smells of corruption. But targeting a guy like Inoue just gives me the shits. The guy is an absolute ornament to the sport.

Silver, Dorrian_Grey and Levook like this.
  13. elrond_buggard

elrond_buggard Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    That's just not a relevant question when discussing glass jaw. Not touching the canvas once in an ambitious weight-climbing, greatness-chasing career would be indicative of a GOAT jaw, and even then a flash knockdown can happen.

So as far as I'm aware, his jaw could still be ATG level, and he's taken enough shots from world-level opponents to show it's not fragile.

Levook and The Cryptkeeper like this.
  14. Levook

Aug 26, 2020
    Yeah man, I don't get it. He provides exciting knockouts, keeps a decent schedule compared to what's around these days, moves up through the weight divisions. What's not to like?

Dorrian_Grey and The Cryptkeeper like this.
  15. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Guy, look at his knees and legs shaking as he got up