Inoue rejects WBC Diamond title

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Deontay Wilder isn't being protected. What happens between Bud and the PBC has no bearing in Wilder.

2. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Ok then. Pretty sure the world sees it differently.

3. Incinerate

Aug 9, 2019
    The world sees problems between Top Rank and PBC. Boxing fans don't see problems between Wilder and Whyte. Whyte isn't deserving of a title shot. He has to fight a final eliminator. He won't back door his way into a title shot.

4. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Whyte won his final eliminator and is the current mandatory but has been moved out of the way until 2021 as PBC and WBC want to move him out of the way so they can keep the cash cow running.

what has Too Rank got to do with anything? This is about Wilder? WBC allow any fighter that brings them higher sanction fees to keep going with picking fights of their chiding which is the original point. Besides Fury what top level opposition or fighter in their prime has Wilder fought? They have let him fight whoever PBC choose when they choose them.

5. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

As Loma fan myself, I'm quite dissappointed that Loma chose to accept his appointment as 'franchise champion'. Because I want him to fight Haney. WBC gave him 'golden wild card' to bypass his way to the vacant title and it is only fair if he faced WBC mandatory next. But I guess there are politics as well. The WBC convention was in Ukraine and we still haven't received any information that show clear reason why Loma took it.

Anyway, back to the topic, Inoue's rejection of WBC Diamond Belt is very spot on. Because he knows that belt is nothing more than a trash. It doesn't do any magic to enable the holder to challenge the actual champion like it says.

6. Incinerate

Aug 9, 2019
    Who did he beat in the final eliminator?

7. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I noticed this at the time and mentioned it in the RBR however it is only an interpretation of events and there is no official word if it was deliberate or simply in the heat of the moment. Lets not get carried away until we hear from the Monster 化け物 himself.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    aaalbert likes this.
  8. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Although I’d like to believe he rejected it on purpose, I agree and we should wait until Inoue comments anything on the subject. The way he acted though, I do have a feeling he knew exactly what he was doing though but we’ll have to wait and see.

pow likes this.