Inoue would OUTBOX and STOP Lomachenko at 126

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JunlongXiFan, May 13, 2024.

1. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Well put.

Lopez, a big, strong, powerful lightweight couldn't steamroll Lomachenko (and yes...I believe Lopez won that night fair and square, assh*les) but Inoue would. :ohno

Serge and Jackman65 like this.
  2. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    This is a troll thread. Loma would school and KO Inoue abs I’m a fan of both. Inoue punches hard for his size but he’s not close to the guys Loma has faced. I really hope it happens but if it does, I fully expect all the guys predicting loma’s demise to suddenly complain about him picking on a smaller man. Never mind that Loma is the smaller man by a considerable amount in every fight at 135. Haney looked three divisions higher and George looked at least one.

I’m hoping Loma drops down and finishes his career with a win over Inoue.

Smoochie, Serge and hoopsman like this.
  3. steviebruno

steviebruno ESB NYC Delegate banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Lopez isn't a great fighter. I could see Inoue doing more damage than he did. Stopping Loma, though?

Nah.

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    As said, he dropped massive lightweight Commey who is three divisions heavier than Loma like he'd been shot in the face with an elephant rifle with a single right hand from hell and massive 140 pounder Josh Taylor who weighs a division more than Commey was put into his shell by Teofimo's power something we've never seen before from Taylor despite the fact he's fought a bunch of big/huge punching career 140 pounder world champs

But an inactive injured much naturally smaller Loma losing a close decision to Teofimo in most people's eyes and in his backyard in a weight class he doesn't belong in and one which, as said, is only his third weight class because he turned pro at 25 not 19 like Inoue, suddenly means Inoue KOs Loma

Size is a huge factor in one of only two times where Loma has had more than a 1lb weight advantage and the only time he has had a big one against Rigo and when a 5lbs heavier Walters sparks Nonito out cold but when Loma is routinely facing opponents who are much or way bigger and heavier than him but also with big/huge reach advantages not a single peep about size. :facepalm:

And Loma didn't even use his size advantage in that fight he completely outboxed him whilst in first and second gear throwing light shots and making the super fast and accurate Rigo miss with all his shots. Loma didn't beat Rigo up he played with him and made him pull a no mas because Rigo knew it had reached the point in the fight when Loma was about to slip into Matrix mode.

Smoochie, Jackman65 and hoopsman like this.
  5. African Cobra

African Cobra The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Can Loma go back down to 126?

6. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
    That’s my feeling too.

Pimp C likes this.
  7. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
    I know you are a Loma expert but surely he cannot make 126 anymore? If we are talking both at their best at this division I would definitely say Loma wins. One intangible though is can Inoue’s power initimidate Loma similar to what Teo did? I don’t think so personally.

Serge and hoopsman like this.
  8. hoopsman

Jul 24, 2005
    When he's fully dialed in and engaged, Lopez is a very formidable fighter from a physical attributes standpoint (size, speed, twitchy athleticism, power), particularly at lightweight.

At that weight, Lopez countered with real speed and concussive force. He's also on an early HOF kind of track if he can clean out most of 140 and grab a belt at 147.

Is Lopez the all-around talent that Inoue is? No. The Monster is fast, extremely hard hitting, and more technically gifted. Inoue is an ATG little man.

Will Inoue hit as hard for the FW division as Lopez did at 135, however? Maybe, maybe not. But he won't have the size, strength, reach etc advantage Lopez enjoyed when he fought Lomachenko.

Smoochie and Serge like this.
  9. hoopsman

Jul 24, 2005
    I wish Loma had remained at 130lbs for much longer before electing to campaign at 135.

He very likely would have had an opportunity to fight the likes of Shakur, Berchelt, Navarrete, Valdez etc at his ideal weight and build a truly defining legacy.

No one over the last 5-6 years beats the Ukrainian at 130lbs, including Tank.

Smoochie and Serge like this.
  10. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    If he really wanted to I'm sure he could. Weight bullying isn't generally a thing in boxing with deep Soviet brothers or near as big a thing as it in other parts of the world so if they say they can't cut weight they mean by the their approach to weight making. But there's no needs because he wouldn't receive an ounce of credit from these people for beating Inoue even if he dropped down to 118.

Inoue would have to be more wary of Loma's power as he's hurt, dropped and stopped much bigger men than Inoue

Smoochie, Jackman65 and hoopsman like this.
  11. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    His dream has always to become undisputed and those other champs at the lower weights who shamelessly ducked him prevented that from happening. And even then he still came so close to achieving that dream winning three of the four belts individually on the road in a division full of giants he doesn't belong in and then he was cruelly robbed of achieving it the second time around against Haney. That's why he was so upset after the fight.

But he should've moved back down after beating Linares and he would've dominated that weight class

Smoochie and Jackman65 like this.
  12. steviebruno

steviebruno ESB NYC Delegate banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2012
    When was the last time he was fullly dialed in? Taylor? Loma gave him too much respect and that's all there is to it.

13. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    It's a silly idea to even think about the possibility of Inoue and Lomachenko fighting given the weight disparity. With that said stylistically speaking I think it would have been a match made in heaven if they were both the same size and fought each other in their primes. It would have been a beautiful high level technical match with both skill and excitement on display.

Smoochie likes this.
  14. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Lopez doesn't like to chase elusive targets. He is at his best when you stand in front of him or attack him. Then his natural instincts and athleticism are exhibited.

Pimp C likes this.
  15. hoopsman

Jul 24, 2005
    Whether Loma did or didn't give too much respect to Lopez is entirely immaterial to this discussion or my central points, which were 1) it remains to be seen whether Inoue will hit as hard for a FW as Lopez did for a LW and 2) even if Inoue does, he wouldn't enjoy Lopez's physical advantages (size, height, reach et al) in any mythical matchup with Lomachenko.