Inoue's power is overrated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Nov 18, 2019.

1. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    To say he's jumped 4 weight classes is a bit overstated. The lower weight class separation is a bit absurd and a few of those lower classes should be removed.

Im not trying to take away anything from Inoue as he's a fine champion but his jump between those 4 weight classes is only 10lbs total.

There are plenty of other fighters that have jumped much more than that.

tinman likes this.
  2. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Inoue is definitely a big hitter as those little guys tend to swat at each other for the full 10-12rds more often than not.

3. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Donaire should have lost by KO. The ref let him continue after counting him out.

pacas likes this.
  4. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    I mean, you can't KO everyone. He still dropped Donaire with one punch, and nearly stopped him a couple of times. The only other guy to out Nonito on the mat was a much larger Walters.

It's proportional, though. A fighter who is naturally larger at lower weights is probably a tougher out for a smaller than it would at higher weight classes. But, while plenty of other fighters have jumped more than that, very few have been able to retain and indeed improve their power in higher weight divisions.

roughdiamond, Rumsfeld and MrFoFody like this.
  5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    So, you made this thread based on Donaire taking him the distance, yet you “always” thought his power was overrated? Then go ahead, name another active fighter who KOd 3 legit top10 opponents all within a total of 4 rounds. I’ll wait.

You indeed have the understanding of a casual for boxing.

6. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006

Narvaez was 40.

OvidsExile likes this.
  7. PIPO23

May 18, 2006
    This guy has fought guys that easily fold with one shot and early too. Donaire can take his shots. The guys his fought don't have the firepower to hurt and damage him. YES! this includes Narvaez, Rodriquez, Mcdonnell ( a huge Bantam but hits like a girl) who else is there? Payano. Don't have the explosive fire power to keep the monster off. You knaw what i'm saying.

I believe there is no one around his weight that can beat him except Navarette but he gets hit he might go down as well.

8. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Donaire got one of the most blatant long counts ever seen and was still barely able to get to his feet at the count of ten. All this from a single body shot against a fighter who'd mainly landed head shots up until that point. I'm not sure how much closer anyone can get to being stopped than that short of actually being stopped.

I was somewhat prepared to go along with your argument for the sake of debate until this point. But this statement is straight out BS, and proof that you're not interested in or incapable of having a balanced discussion here.

George Crowcroft, pacas and Badbot like this.
  9. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    That's a complete falsehood. Donaire was absorbing body shots throughout the contest like nobody's business.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Says Inoue´s power is overrated because of Donaire and then compares him to Walters.
    Walters who is the only man to stop Donaire :lol:

pacas likes this.
  11. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Got to love those "he almost got stopped" arguments while the fighter in question didn´t even get knocked down.

OvidsExile likes this.
  12. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Fair enough. What I should say (not tinman who you quoted) is that it came from a single well-placed shot in that round, not a barrage. Donaire's got an amazing poker face though, so perhaps you could argue it was a knockdown that came from cumulative punishment sustained throughout the course of the fight. Just a kind of straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  13. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Yeah! I don’t know why people think other wise. Donaire was taking body shots like a champ all the way through.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Do you know what P4P actually means?

15. PIPO23

May 18, 2006

That was more timing than anything. Donaire said it wasn't the power. It was the timing when he took breath out. Got him on the perfect spot and the right time. But Nonito said, Inoue doesn't hit as hard as Walters.Watch the Walters fight he was out cold. Even though he was gonna go down. He went toe-to- toe with Walters one bad ass mofo, he was gonna get knocked out.So Nonito was like might as well go out swinging like a real G.

OvidsExile likes this.