Insightful commentary from lengends

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by willcross, Jul 24, 2021.

1. willcross

willcross Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Any moments stand out to you guys where a boxing legend predicted or saw something very early in a fight while on commentary?

I was just watching Lewis vs Rahman 1 today Within the first 60 seconds of the fight, Hagler pointed out that Lewis needs to keep his left hand higher because Rahman is looking for a big lucky right hand shot.

Bronze Tiger and JohnThomas1 like this.
  2. Rafaman

Rafaman Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2015
    SRL is part of the commentary team for Aaron Pryor vs DuJuan Johnson. SRL comments in the 6th round that Pryor's "body shots are sapping Johnson", he also says that Johnson's punches have "nothing behind them, just arm punches" (i.e. clear signs of fatigue) and then says "I see Pryor coming on strong now" - just as the Hawk starts to pour on the onslaught. In the 7th just as he says "Pryor puts his punches so well togeth...BOOM a massive overhand lands from Pryor and then he proceeds to beat up Johnson and stops him. SRL is so respectful talking about Pryor he does mention somewhere that Pryor is the best finisher he has seen.

3. Gazelle Punch

Gazelle Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 15, 2018
    I forget who it was in Foreman v Moorer but someone kept implying Foremans setting up Moorer for a big right. Maybe it was Atlas in the corner or a commentator have to check.

4. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    They were pre-recorded (I think), but I always liked Marciano's take on bouts. He always had something interesting to say and delivered it well.

5. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    This content is protected

6. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    his Later years so why did u post this