Interesting Jack Dempsey Article

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by bman100, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Well said.

It's purely a fluff piece, but entertaining. This is the kind of thing that got me interested in classic boxing. Never underestimate the power of a good storyteller.

2. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013

Me too but then I grew up, matured, and became much more interested in facts than fiction.

3. dempsey1234

dempsey1234 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2012
    OMG grew up, matured:lol::lol: Aren't you the guy that throws around juvenile expletives around? I see you're still working on your comedy routine:lol::lol:

4. dempsey1234

Jun 25, 2012
    Thank you I did just that, here is a preview:
    This content is protected

5. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    You have nothing better to do than rehash the same argument over and over again? I guess being a bedridden shutin that makes sense.

6. dempsey1234

Jun 25, 2012
    Many alts why do you skirt the issue, the issue is not that I am bedridden or a shut in. FYI, I am not, I lead a pretty active life in boxing. The real issue is that you dksab. You told me to use the search button I did, and responded, to your post. re-hashing cos you still cant explain that deal. I responded to what you wrote, your own words.

7. dempsey1234

Jun 25, 2012
    Many alts I found that Dempsey quote and of course you quoted that quote by Dempsey out of context, why am I not surprised. I found it in "Dempsey" by Jack Dempsey, P 150-151. Your interpretation is a bit off. What Dempsey said was "On July 11, a contract was signed with a clause stating the date be set within 60 days after a reliable promoter undertook to stage the bout'' this phrasing which was Doc's doing enabled him to get me out of the contract. They had a 30 day bidding period. The Dempsey - Wills fight was doomed from the start. No one would touch it". "As no promoter could be found to stage the the bout, the 30 day bidding period elapsed"
    many alts your spinning the "Dempsey contract", to fit your hateful agenda didn't work.