Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Max Banjo

Max Banjo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2010
    as we have seen with the recent haye-chisora fight announcement the BUI can sanction fights in the north infact they sanctioned Fury-Rogan :deal

2. Max Banjo

Jun 10, 2010
    Just for the record I have no problems with Maria

However I heard months ago she accused Leonard of trying to "poach" one of her fighters....

this set of alarm bells with me I first mist mister Gunning over three years ago

I have a lot of respect for the man and I know for a fact he would not try and poach one of her fighters

then because her most recent show fell apart she placed the blame squarely upon him dispite the fact he had NOTHING to gain from her show going under I have no doubt that he would have been helping out the articles and possibly organising busses from Sligo.....

I've been around pro game for quite a while and I have to say im disgusted with the way this person is doing business

The one silver lining I can see on the cloud is that she got Alan Donnellan a fight over in Belgium hopefully she switches her MO to building fighters rather than trying to be the billy big bollix and put on shows that wont get off the ground.

All the best of luck to Maria I hope she can open doors for Alan but I will not be buying into this proposed stadium card as in my opinion it is doomed to failure and I think that the boxing public down here have been let down more than enough over the last 12 months....

Personally I think the job Allio has done in belfast with his promotional outfit has been fantastic it would seem that his shows get bigger and bigger every time I hope that he can move from the holiday inn to a larger venue this year or early next year :deal

3. mattdonnellon

mattdonnellon Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kt!
    Pts 19 : 6
    r1 5 : 1
    r2 6 : 3
    r3 3 : 1
    r4 5 : 1

4. puca

puca Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006

I agree fully about Alios cards,they work because they are small low key entertaining events,If somebody (even Maria) is to start shows down here this is the format they would have to follow in my opinion.Small hall 4 or 6 round fights probably latvian binmen for opponents to start with and get the ball rolling like that.
    Then if you get one or two of these under your belt you can step it up slightly like Alio has done with a slightly higher caliber opponent and go from there,
    We all want to be entertained but lets face it we would do ith just a night of boxing at this stage.Forget burleque boxing or rock and rumble boxing we need ryanair boxing.:D:D
    PS is Donnellan still with her?

5. Max Banjo

Jun 10, 2010
    Haven't heard to the contrary

So I have to assume that hes still with her hes probably the only boxer shes done right by she needs to keep that ball rolling and show she can deliver

Allio has a good team around him to put those shows together Gareth Thompson match maker extraordinaire has posted on here a few times.

Brian Peters didnt try to do it all himself either he had Tomas Rohan there doing a lot of good work and of course Rosie as well

:deal

6. D-nunan

D-nunan Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2009
    How far does Katie need to get to qualify?

7. slapbangwhallop

slapbangwhallop The Sweet Scientist Full Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Well if that's the case then Puca it just proves the old adage that if you throw enough mud at a wall some of it will stick.

8. puca

puca Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    ha ha very true and in Ireland it doesnt have to be very much mud at all and whilst i agree totally your right to come out and defend yourself against false stories i was referring to some of the silly name calling,
    That said if the accusations are false and your response and the defense a lot of people are putting up for you it would indicate that they are then you did well to limit it to name calling but from start to finish its a mess.I hope its over now at least.

9. slapbangwhallop

slapbangwhallop The Sweet Scientist Full Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Is it over? How can someone come out with something like that and the board not do anything about it.

Well as Stapo said I wish there was some recourse with the BUI about it because as the moment it's just her word against mine, although John Waldron has come out and said I never ask him or anyone at their gym to leave Maria etc.

She now says the show isn't cancelled, it's just on a different date, with different fighters, at a different venue, in a different city! :huh

June 30 in Dublin at the National Stadium. I hope it comes off for the fighters sake. But as you can imagine I have me doubts.

10. moorser

moorser Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 8, 2009
    what fighters will deal with her after this

11. doug.ie

doug.ie 'Classic Boxing Society' Full Member

Apr 1, 2008
    i had a message off reynolds earlier, he said whole thing is off for definite

12. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Careful now, you might get accused of trying to pinch a stable of fighters....

13. mattdonnellon

mattdonnellon Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kt stopped her opponent but young Smith is out.

14. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2011