Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. fra

fra Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 11, 2008
  2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I can't wait to see what shape "Tubby Turner" turns up in. Last time the shape was ....ROUND!

3. lukekiko

lukekiko Active Member Full Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Running with him today he will come in best shape of his career not saying a six pack but definitely less round.

Gorman doesn’t punch at all, he’s fast because just arm punches , Turner will win in upset a lot English lads over rated and Gorman not in shape himself

Holler likes this.
  4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Running eh? What were you doing? Laps of the field or laps of turner? :) :)

Ok ok enough with the fat jokes! Glad he's improved his attitude a bit Luke. With all the dangers, tragedies, and knockers out there affecting boxing at the moment we don't need fellas coming in looking out of shape. Turners been Taking too many punches and getting by on toughness. No good. Basically what's he's been doing all along is taking the easy/lazy way out of hard work by basically saying "I've a hard head. I'd rather take a beating on one night than work hard for 60 nights to get in shape". That's why I give him a hard time....

5. fra

Jan 11, 2008
    i agree... also turner has boxed at the highest level in the ams... hes much more experienced than gorman

6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Random question....now that quigley is at ingle gym, is he sparring with Billy Joe Saunders?

If Luke is reading this...has Luke and Quigs sparred as pros at all?

What's the feeling about Quigley.what do ye think of him?...he's unproven for me....but a good prospect.... Maybe not a top star level prospect though...I dunno....hard to say until he's tested.

7. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Conlon still hasn't convinced me. Serious lack of pop. Really he is featherfisted isn’t he? Lots of talent, speed, slick skills, athleticism etc but I see flaws. No punch, careless defence, no real systematic approach.I can see him having a torrid time once he faces tougher opposition shortly. He needs to stop fighting like he's a puncher and focus on defence pretty soon or he's gonna be in a whole world of trouble....

I can see Mick getting off to promising starts in fights ... but getting overtaken late on. I see a tough/clever guy taking Mick into later rounds, busting him up facially, hurting him to the body and stopping him late, possibly with conlon ahead on the cards.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  8. moorser

moorser Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Actually have to agree with you for once. Although he looked sharp and the opponent was extremley negative I just dont see the star quality .

Maybe a few more fights with Booth will bring it out but im not convinced yet.

9. fra

Jan 11, 2008
    hopefuly booth can calm him down

10. lukekiko

lukekiko Active Member Full Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Haven’t sparred at pros yet. He beat me couple times in amateurs close enough fights 1 point between us going into last round in each fight then I bull rushed forward in last round each time and he picked up easy points to win.

Quality fighter and just seen made number 3 in world with WBC. I’ll focus on my own path but if both keep doing well be one for the future.

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Let's hope ye do meet as pros. If ye do it will be breaking an old Irish tradition of our guys NEVER meeting each other .....all the Macklin Lee Duddy generation never met.....spike never met Lee, you and spike don't look like meeting etc . Such a shame for the fans here that these domestic fights don't seem to get made.

12. fra

Jan 11, 2008
  13. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    2 very relevant fights at 126 this weekend. Csrl likely faces one of the winners. Obviously most likely Carl faces selby at Windsor park, but I'm keen to see Russell v Diaz. Russell is exciting though shamefully inactive, and Diaz seems solid....you'd have to favour Russell but someone who fights just once a year can always be caught out so watch this space