Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Flying out tomorrow morning for it. Should be a special occasion

2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Oh yeah forgot about you Marty. Enjoy. Let’s hope there’s no funny business if it’s a close decision...shouldn’t be though.. Frampton should win well. Keep us posted...

3. puca

puca Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    i think framptons use of angles and counters could be the diffrence.
    Warrington throws a lot of leather but usually its straight and can be one dimensional at times.
    Skills versus youth for me on this one.

4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Carl controls distance and angles very well. Timing and countering is his forte. Slicker footwork. He also is starting to punch more to the body lately. He has the bit of power too. Overall he just has too much strength in too many areas. He should be able to handle JW OK. He will have to work hard of course.. .lets not forget Josh is decent and determined and fit etc.

5. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I rate Warrington, but if Frampton's on form he's a clear winner, has to be, he's an excellent fighter..I don't think he'll be on form for a great deal longer though !

6. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    That was a great fight. Feel terribly disappointed for Carl.

lencoreastside likes this.
  7. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Aust based Irishman Conor Wallace went the distance for the first time in defeating Michael Whitelaw by un dec on Fri . Conor is returning in Feb.
    This content is protected

8. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Me too. Do you think he'll retire now? He probably should. Possibly LSC might be tempted by that performance to finally agree to a third fight. .....and Carl might be tempted by bags of cash to retire on.. ..

9. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    I think Frampton will go for one more big pay day. He's going to be a long time retired

10. puca

Nov 11, 2006
    Ok ill throw this one out there but i think Paddy bronze has the style and top am experience to beat Charlie Edwards..i know, i know there are 20 reasons why he shouldn't but i truely think Paddy would have a good chance here..

11. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Maybe put it on the next Burnett undercard

12. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Nothing strange or starting in saying that. ...paddy was a bit unlucky with Rosales .... I agree .barnes on form should beat Edwards IMO too. . .

13. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    IBF 122 lb Champ TJ Doheny is looking to make the first defense of his title in Japan 2019. Most logically and lucrative opponent would be Ryosuke Iwasa who he won the title in a tight fight with a dec that could have gone either way.

14. puca

Nov 11, 2006
    not a great move imo unless TJ is getting enough to live a comfortable life (which is unlikely at the weight) if he loses this title i really don't see him winning another.
    If he could maybe 1 or 2 lesser defences on american undercards before taking the Japenesse money.

15. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Would like to see TJ fight in Ireland, but there must be no options for him to do that