Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    I thought Farmer was a deserved winner but don't think it was a mismatch, nor out of Carrolls league. Hopefully Carroll will learn from this and come back a better fighter. It's a shame he can't punch, he will always have to go the points route to victory.

2. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Dennis Hogan Title fight is attracting media attention in Aust.
    This content is protected

3. puca

puca Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Marty not sure what you are basing that on. Farmer controlled the pace throughout lay on the ropes slipping shots left right and centre before picking jono off when he wanted.
    He pushed carroll back when he wanted to and had him in trouble on a few occasions.
    If you couldn't see jono was balls to the wall whilst farmer had at least 2 more gears if required then you need to watch it again..

4. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Might as well be Paul Hogan facing munguia for all the chance Denis has here!

5. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Click full screen.

6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Not sure what you’re trying to show me juppity ....all right m seeing at this end is a partial photo of the ceiling of an airport???

7. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Farmer hadn't another two gears, he was blowing heavily in his corner between rounds. As I've already stated a lot of the posters on the round by round had Carroll winning, I didn't.. Why don't you watch the fight again with the sky commentary turned off. Maybe then you will have a different perspective on the fight.

8. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Good to see the Australian interest. Hogan's up against it but there's always a chance he might pull off the victory

9. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    What about Quigley. He was a guy I had high hopes for but has not delivered what I hoped for....can he still go on to make an impact in the pros? It just shows how tough it is to make it to world level. When you look at our best am guys, like Mick conlon and Quigley, even they fall short...actually quite a long way short.....

Also is anyone concerned about Jason bring with a trainer/gym that is "allegedly" strongly linked to PED use?
    Other boxers are abandoning that gym/trainer that is rapidly becoming synonymous with PEDS like rats deserting a sinking ship and it's widely "alleged" that they are leaving either due to having been busted for PEDS or fearing that it will happen to them if they stay?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    marty likes this.
  10. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    We will see tonight how good he looks. Think they are showing his fight live on sky.

11. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Kildare Dennis Hogan in his adapted state of Queensland is the most popular boxer outside Jeff Horn. His last few shows have being sellouts and his humble attitude and tireless charity works has won him a lot of respect.

12. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Are there any Irish boxers other than KT that you have high hopes for at the minute? Genuine question.

13. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Sounds like an obituary. Oh wait......
    .....In a way it is. :)

14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Of course there are. Genuine answer. Now kindly address my point about Quigley joining a gym that has serious questions hanging over it.

15. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Former 6 x Irish Am Champ Conor Wallace fights this Sat ( Aust time ) for the Queensland LHW Title.