Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Less chance than Spike.

Hopefully he proves me wrong

2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I know Andrade had cruised through his previous opponents. But has he beaten any decent middle weights? Anyone better than Arias? Is Luke his best opponent to date? Sometimes a guy like that can look unbeatable until suddenly he isn’t! Luke has a smart team who will have a good game plan I’m sure. Fingers crossed !!!!

3. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    Can we hope to dream that Irelands next world champion will be COOL HAND LUKE KEELER.

lencoreastside likes this.
  4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    We can indeed. The script says Luke is destined to spend a frustrating time lunging and missing. All the time getting picked apart by Andrades sharp counters. Just like all Andrades previous opponents. Let's hope team Keeler can come up with a plan to change the script!

marty likes this.
  5. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    * Dennis Hogan announcement on fight soon though Kell Brook coach Dominic
    Ingle Dominic Ingle has hinted for a preference for a summer clash ( UK) with
    Hogan if he wins Feb 8.
    * Conor Wallace and Conor Quinn both headling Fortitude Valley box card
    March 28.

marty likes this.
  6. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Good fight Hogan could win it

7. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Quigley wins TKO 3rd

8. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    He reportedly looked uncertain and unconvincing though ??? It’s not looking good for Jason quigley.
    Let’s hope Luke can do something with Andrade.

9. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Dont know about that, it appeared to me that Quigley won as he pleased.

10. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Ok I didn't see it. I couldn't sleep last night and I was on here in bed! I went by the comments from intentionalbutts RBR coverage on here. Also the opponent and my previous observations of Quigley boxing probably colour my thinking. IB made it clear he doesn't think Jason has much of a future in boxing...he does rate Andy Lee's corner work though...just saying...

11. marty

Mar 20, 2008
    Wether or not people on here here rate him or not is inconsequential , but the new partnership with Lee is definitely improving Quigley. I would personally like to see him go the European route like Bernard Dunne did. Maybe someone might start promoting him in Ireland. There's a market, maybe Matchroom could exploit it.

lencoreastside likes this.
  12. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    [url]https://www.*******.com/jason-quigley-calls-out-jaime-munguia-next-fight--146167[/url]

They say God loves a tryer. But Munguia? Come on Jason....!!! You couldn't even cope with taureano Johnson's pressure. TJ is a walknin the park compared to Munguia. He'd dance all over JQ!

13. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Quigley isn't some 154lsb'er or an old Spike O Sullivan.

Its easy to walk down guys you're p[hysically bigger and stronger than. Quigley is every bit as big as Munguia.

14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    I'm so glad to see you back posting that I'm gonna go easy on you and let that slide Limerickbox! :) :)

But seriously, you can't be suggesting JQ is even remotely, not remotely, fit to put in a ring with Munguia. Come on now....
    There's a thread in this general forum specifically about Quigley, and let's just say opinions aren't favourable! Like everyone else I had high hopes for the very likeable Jason, but to be blunt and without going into a long winded explanation, he simply isn't any good, sadly.

15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    For your delectation and delight here is a sample of the opinions people have of Quigley:

Jason Quigley is a clown and a disgrace to boxing.

He's a legit sized Middleweight who even fought at Super Middleweight in the amateurs.

Now look at his opponents.

Last night he stopped Fernando Marin, a natural Super Lightweight/Welterweight who was stopped twice at Welterweight before.

Before that, he beat...

- Abraham Cordero, a natural Super Lightweight who fought between 137 and 141 in his whole career.
    - Freddy Hernandez, a 40yo Super Welterweight...
    - Daniel Rosario Cruz, another Super Welterweight who only fought once above 154...against Quigley.
    - Glen Tapia, another Super Welterweight, who came off two KO losses prior Quigley.

You could go back to his earlier fights and check the opponents and you'll see that almost EVERY opponent Quigley has faced started at 140/147 in his career and barely fought above 154. They picking cherrys for him ALL THE WAY since he turned pro to protect this glass jawed bum.

Sorry for being TOO Harsh but this is just really, really bad. It's bad for our sports. And to make it even worse, this guy not even fighting at 160, he's coming in at 163 or 164 all the time in those "non-title" bouts. Only made 160 for the title bouts.

Jason Quigley is a weight bully and GBP is cherrypicking the opponents.

I don't know how he can look in the mirror every morning beating up those kind of opponents.

JASON QUIGLEY = CLOWN

__----------____________________________________

Bit harsh perhaps, but I can see where people are coming from in fairness........