Is a Pacquaio vs Jeff Horn worse than a Mayweather vs Berto?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I think if Jones had retired when should of he would be considered with more esteem, casual who see him getting knocked by gatekeepers are thinking what a bum.
    Don't believe me just look at an example of someone who did retire at the right time like Floyd or Calzaghe or Lewis.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  2. Orca

Orca Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Not a great fight for Manny but no worse than Berto. At least he is fresh and unbeaten. Berto had next to nothing left. Plus Floyd had just beat Manny relatively easily. Floyd could have went out in style. It was his farewell bout. Pac will likely fight again this year so has a chance to bow out in style. Saying all that, this fight does nothing for me.

pincai likes this.
  3. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    I've never been able to sit through a full Horn fight. Hard style to watch. Algieri was a much better opponent.

4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Berto that Floyd beat is much, much better than Horn. Horn has his whole career to change that, though.

Then again, Floyd when he fought Berto is much better than Manny is now, so arguable I suppose.

pincai likes this.
  5. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Both were bad fights..............

6. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Pacquiao has earned the right to fight who ever he pleases.
    Just dont tune in to watch folks, its that simple.

7. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    It isn't worse. Horn is practically his mandatory fight since he is the highest rated guy in the WBO that he hasn't beaten, lets him get a fight in Australia, and was never the first option Manny went to. If Mayweather tried to get get other fights that fell through and Berto actually had some benefit, then it would not have been that bad of a fight.

8. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Horn would KTFO that bum Berto.

9. Mandibular Fortitude

Mandibular Fortitude Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Nothing is worse than Mayweather v Berto.

10. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'll be honest, I consider myself fairly knowledgable about
    boxing, I have no damn idea who Horn even is

11. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    He's quietly been positioning himself in line for title shots. I'm not even joking. He's #2 IBF and WBO. He holds the Intercontinental belt of the WBO and since no one holds the International and with Pacquiao having beaten both the #1 and #3 guys recently he is pretty much Pacquiao's mandatory opponent. I have no idea how he managed to do this without anyone noticing because I also didn't know who this person was. At the rate he's going he's going to end up getting to Brook before Spence lol.

12. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Spot on. The same could be said of Wlad. Really, what did he have left to keep going for after Pulev?

The poor performance against Jennings should have told him the writing was on the wall and now if he gets flattened by AJ as so many are prediction he'll have done his long term standing a lot of harm.

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    when i get time I'm gonna try to vet him and find some footage, the aussies usually are extremely crude
    fighters though so I can't see a potentially crude neophyte having much chance
    against Pac

14. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Don't know if it's worse, but it has the potential to be better. Berto has been used up for a while now. We all knew that going in to the mayweathe fight. Horn, on the other hand, is more an unknown item, who could prove to be better, or possibly worse, then Berto. For me, that's about the main difference.

15. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015