is AJ doping?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Clarence Gianni, Apr 19, 2019.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Jesus wept, where in gods green earth have I compared Joey Barton and Joshua? I merely made a comment after several posts referred to testing in football.

I’ve already explained why I’ve defended Miller. I believe every single elite boxer uses drugs and my defence of Miller is based on that assumption. You don’t have to agree with that, I don’t really care.

One of my pet peeves is when simpletons irrationally jump to conclusions, fail to read the posts I make or the context and just assume I’m comparing two instances. The reading comprehension of posters on this forum is deplorable.

2. Davepompeydave

Davepompeydave As bad as can Full Member

Sep 10, 2018
    So you understand the concept of legal highs but can't digest that there could be steroids that have not yet been declared illegal. Go lick the sticky dribble of your mum's thighs you thick ****.

3. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    You ****** you mentioned legal highs as though they exist when they don’t.
    Now get out the basement and go cry to mama weasel.

Crying because you are living 3 years in the past.

Bell end.

4. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    You say that your pet peeve is people jumping to irrational conclusions and yet, when it comes to Joshua, Eddie Hearn and Matchroom, you boil over into such a hate filled rage that your posts are nothing but irrational.....you couldn't make this **** up.

5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Please just spend a few minutes checking Joshua's weights for yourself. Maths isn't Miller's strong suit (spoiler: neither is honesty).

If you start by saying 'according to Miller' then there's an extremely high chance the rest of your points are built on sand.

6. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I have to quote Miller because research on Joshua's weight during the Olympics is hard to find, unfortunately. But I have no reason to doubt him. He did take a year out and will not have been tested during that period.

But if you took that out he still gained 20 pounds over 2 years from his debut till the Cornish fight. That is still an incredible amount of muscle to put on when you are already a fairly decent size. Most bodybuilders take years to reach their natural peak, Joshua reaches his in a fraction of the time and we can't raise an eyebrow? And let's not ignore that his resume isn't just bodybuilding, he's a professional boxer who's time will be taken up with cardio, actual boxing training and no doubt strength training. Those things don't generally equal sudden mass gains.

BitPlayerVesti likes this.
  7. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Yep it certainly rings the alarm bells, he turned pro at 24 so he was not some underdeveloped youth entering the pro ranks.

You could put on 20lbs of muscle if you were on a body building regime with no experience behind you but I'd put money on it that AJ as been lifting weights longer than he's been a pro boxer so he would have had decent gains already.

And like you said he's in a sport where you are burning a massive amount of calories due to the cardio involved, when trying to bulk up that much you need to keep the cardio down to the minimum.

He's about 22-23 on this clip and looks considerably lighter.

This content is protected

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Yatezy and CutThroatFade like this.
  8. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    He lifted before he took up boxing and probably continued until he became a serious amateur.

And I'm using the Cornish fight. But you could use the Zumbano fight which was 19 months from his debut and added 18 pounds of mostly muscle.

But if we wanna look into it a bit deeper he lost weight between his debut and his first fight. Took 3 months off and gained 12 pounds. Christmas must've been a really heavy month for him.

He must've looked like a fat mess vs Darch.

Wass1985 likes this.
  9. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    He weighed call it 231lb on his pro debut and 254lb at his heaviest for Takam.

With no clear gain in body fat that weight gain at such an age is massively suspicious, if you don't believe he's been juicing then I suggest you follow another sport.

Clarence Gianni and Yatezy like this.
  10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    The most damning thing is that he came back way heavier after a supposed stress fracture in his back. The whole thing stinks and the TUE allegations were never properly refuted.

11. Wass1985

Feb 18, 2012
    The question is how does he beat VADA testing, something is certainly amiss there.

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Joshua went from 254 against Takam down to 242 with Parker, which looks suspicious too.
    I doubt it was fat.
    Losing 12 pounds of muscle naturally while being a well-fed, training athlete just isn't really possible.
    People can possibly argue the toss about whether he can put on the muscle naturally, his case is borderline in that respect, but losing the muscle indicates something was amiss.

Wilder's weight fluctuations were equally suspicious.

Work the body likes this.
  13. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    well he has never failed a drug test so what can all of us armchair boxing experts say? Here in the UK he is the most tested boxer around which is a fact (at least from Matchroom stable of fighters)

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Says who?

BitPlayerVesti and CutThroatFade like this.