Is Anthony Joshua a beaten man?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    When he beats Fury you will change your mind.

RB1702 likes this.
  2. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I think he’s definitely gun shy since the Ruiz stoppage.
    I’ll be surprised if he beats Fury.

Eastern Iron and MagicE like this.
  3. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    "Leonard stopped him". Hehe, how very disingenuous.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    AJ will apply the tactics he and his coaches devise to knockout Fury. Speed of hand and feet, power, athleticism, character, determination, desire and bragging rights are key in this matchup as well as styles. This one is for history and AJ is going to take it.

5. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Nah. Most likely he'll get outboxed and lose a decision. Or maybe he'll gas in the second half of the fight and get KTFO. He should go toe to toe and brawl a possibly overconfident Fury. If Fury accepts battle, he might could KO him.

6. infini IV

infini IV Dillian Whyte. KTFO like I said he would Full Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Just cant see any real word scenario where AJ beats Fury

Eastern Iron likes this.
  7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I respect every fighter, and i watch them on how they overcome a defeat.

Some it never changes them, or they become more relentless, others it makes them extremely cautious.

In AJs case, he doesn't need telling that he is very vulnerable he knows and it shows, and that makes it very easy for a fighter like Fury to activate himself come fight time, he will have no fear whatsoever and it will show when they square off.

I would still pick AJ to do a number on Wilder though, probably even quicker than Tyson did.

So no, he is not defeated as of yet, but he knows it is coming and that is what will be his downfall, he knows it is coming and he does not have an answer for it.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    zzzz snore

9. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Fury's gloves will be well checked pre-fight and during the fight to make sure there is no floppyness going on lol. That being said, Joshua is so damn slow, his only hope is to get on his toes and pump his jab, use it to keep Fury on the outside. He has the reach advantage. If he tries to plod forward and stalk, I think his hands are too slow not to get picked apart.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    You seem to mistakenly think that AJ is Wilder he is not. AJ’s fundamental skills set and foundation is better. They don’t give Olympic Gold medals away. Don’t be surprised if AJ’s speed is beating Fury to the punch , banging his body in fact when Tyson finds out his game plan is not working he might want to turn in into brawl then he will get clipped properly and knocked out.

11. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    He's not quite a beaten man but he definitely isn't completely sure in his ability to take a punch, which leads to his overly cautious approach.

The Lennox Lewis comparisons don't stack up for me because he was banged out by big shots a couple of times (which can happen at heavyweight) and came back with a dominant ram rod style, whereas the Ruiz loss wasn't a single big shot but a systematic beating.

Even in the rematch AJ looked hurt or at least very uncomfortable everytime he got hit.

I would never knock anyone that fights for a living but AJ, while having the physical gifts, doesn't have the same fighting spirit as other champions.

Look at the Wilder Fury 2 fight, AJ would have quit much earlier if he was talking the beating Wilder took

Eastern Iron likes this.
  12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Ohh, golves tales fan. ;)

Yeah, and Fury's foot speed is considerably higher than Ruiz's and Fury yet is not enough old for A.J if look at his fight vs Pulev.

He will go on cash cow with 270-273 lbs and better legs than Ruiz or Pulev ever had and will not even have any hope to defeat AJ on judges cards.

13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Never said Fury’s foot speed was bad and is better than Ruiz but AJ’s leg speed better than Fury as he is the faster more athletic athlete. If Fury comes in at 270-273 pounds he gets iced quicker. His best bet is to come close to 255 or lower if possible but he can’t. Judges won’t be needed for this as it will end by knockout

14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Lmao

This guy thinks AJ has better footspeed than Fury.

Fury is going to make him look like a plodding sausage. It's easy to make AJ set or reset also...When he has a bigger Fury up against him he won't be able to find a safe defensive distance either. Will be like Wilder totally bamboozled.

You can't prepare for Fury. Literally nobody can replicate him. Plenty of AJ's in the world for Fury to spar.

15. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Joshua’s outreached.

Eastern Iron likes this.