Is anyone buying the PPV or going live to the Mundine Fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MSTR, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Yo! Molesta La Breastas! Full Member

Mar 1, 2007
    that one line had me laughing out loud and half the office as well

2. PorkChopExpress

PorkChopExpress Champion of the Universe Full Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I just want it to be over so we can hear who's up next and inject some more life back in to the forum. We're stretching now and need an injection of interesting topics!

That being said, it's a little unfortunate that the only boxer to consistently prove to be a talking point in this country is Mundine... shame Vic etc don't get as much coverage/exposure...

3. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    yeah i think a vic defense over here would be good - against that thai fella

4. westside

westside Active Member Full Member

May 24, 2007
    got free tix but not going.

the choc fights probably the most even one on there!
    the UNDERCARD IS THE FARCE!!

5. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    dude you might as well go - even if its for the ring girls and the over priced beer

6. westside

May 24, 2007
    i'm at more than 10 fights a year featuring most of these fighters in more even matchups. plus i'm in brisbane and its an hour away,and i gotta work the next day, and... ah stuff it. ya know what i mean?

7. ashley

ashley Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I am off to the fight live.....its going to be fun...85% of the crowd will go to see mundine get KO'ed....that cab driver guy looks a bit like a boxer...he is bigger than Mundine and looks in great shape...may not be the easy fight we all think...anyhow mundine to win by ko in the 6th round.

8. Hmmm

Hmmm :P Full Member

Jan 17, 2005
    If you're talking about wongjongkongsalekammanam, it'd hardly be a "defence" but rather a unification. But yeah would love to see that one in Oz - that should shoot vic up the p4p rankings too.

9. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    yeah mate i get you - not worth the drive/being tired the next day/you'll see better later in the year

do you ever go to magic millions up there or whatever its called? i went once and had a great of a time

10. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    yeah my bad - i meant unification rather than defense; but the guy never leaves thailand which sucks

11. westside

May 24, 2007
    yeah always there.

some good cards. good to see some up & comers, or even matchups etc. generally a pretty good atmosphere.

some fighters ive like over the time... sonni, katsidis, topp, j guy, juarne dowling, butterbean!, jason larssen, nathan briggs, swifty gregory.

not all because of talent, just different aspects. eg entertainment value, potential etc.

12. Dr Gonzo

Mar 1, 2007
    i try get up there a few time a year - love the atmosphere. It was the first time i saw katsidis and also sonni michael angelo; two of my faves

13. T.C.W

T.C.W Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I'm going to the fight got some free Tix off a friend.

14. boxa01

boxa01 Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2006
    gave khoder sol and jonny lewis a lift once and he gave me some free tix

15. tills9191

tills9191 Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2007
    your a good man boxing_banker :good