Is boxing’s credibility at an all-time low?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ForemanJab, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I agree, that was really bad. A dope-cheat being allowed to fight without even a slap on the wrist and given a very bad gift decision? That decision was the cherry on top of the **** sundae served to boxing fans last night. We’ve seen so many bad decisions, that one was definately up there for me. Scratched my head because all three judges were so wrong. I think they purposely make one corrupt judge give an obviously wide score to make the others look less bad. They should be banned from ever judging a fight again.

VBOX likes this.
  2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Yes. Not saying it won't be entertaining or fights like this can't be decent quality. Obviously these fights are making money or we wouldn't be seeing them every month. Just create a seniors league. A fighter has to be retired fir 10 years to fight. Keep it separate from boxing all together.

3. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You just weren't paying close enough attention to what was happening. You like most everyone else allowed the failed drug test to cloud your scoring of the match. I'm happy to bring to your attention what Valdez was doing in there that was scoring points.

4. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Boxing....You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. The rats are in charge of the cheese and things aint gonna change anytime soon. Get used to it, enjoy the performances the boxers put on in the ring and ignore the other crap. But most importantly, if you want things to change, STOP BUYING PPVS! I swear to god, one good boycott of a championship cherry pick fight and the promoters will catch on. Might as well boycott the pick em fights too, cuz they are usually called superfights and cost even more than the regular ppv rip offs.

VBOX and Jackman65 like this.
  5. Jackman65

Aug 31, 2019
    No surprises here. You have a history of favoring drug cheats who get gift decisions. That fight wasn’t fair by any stretch. The officiating, the judging and the fact that Valdez was allowed to fight after a failed drug test. The cheating crooks who are ruining boxing for legit fans are thankful for stooges like you.

6. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You have a history of jumping to conclusions as it relates to Canelo. You are a General Boxing Rival but a Lounge friend. It all stems from your view of Canelo which like any thing else in boxing is open to interpretation.

I'm not justifying or defending Valdez failing a test or speaking about his being granted the ability to fight. I really haven't paid it much attention, it's not my concern and I don't typically react to failed drug tests with disdain like most of this forum does. Failed drug tests have become like a way for fans to virtue signal fighters and in my estimation it's dumb. The same people criticizing Valdez or Canelo for failing a test are fans of Fury or other fighters who have tested positive or done worse things. The whole drug testing outrage is so played out, the only thing more played out than that is claiming every decision is a robbery. This is irrational thinking and it has no place in boxing.

Scoring is subjective and we can't let anything that happens prior to a match affect our scoring of a match.

7. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    My understanding is that boxing has always been some degree of crooked so not sure in an historic sense, but the current rot seems more severe than say in the late 90s or early in the millennia.

The difference appears to be that the mob used to run some boxing and there was no doubt who the bad guys were. Today, the "good guys" are the bad guys.

In this, boxing reflects current society; perception is imperative. Substance counts but for little.

8. Jackman65

Aug 31, 2019
    Hey, I agree, you are a friend in the lounge but I disagree with you on the general and on this one in parcular. Valdez should not have been allowed to fight. They test fighters to make sure they are clean. He pissed hot for a banned substance and the penalty for that is usually a suspension. Why test if you aren’t going to punish guys who fail the tests? It was legit, not a false positive and he failed. Forget about that, he lost the fight by any objective measure. His opponent was deducted a point for a behind the head hit that was pathetic while Valdez punches behind the head several times. His opponent threw twice as many punches and landed twice as many. Look at his face, he was busted up and lost. Did you watch the fight? I was rooting for Valdez before the fight because he looked so good in the Berchelt fight. He looked like shut last night and lost. I hope they fight again.

Sorry for typos or any grammatical mistakes. I’m running out the door and I’m late. No worries, I still appreciate your posts in the lounge. You are one of my favorite posters. Life is complicated!

9. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    NO; things were much worse back in the 1940-50's when everyone knew the mob was in control and boxers admitted to throwing
    fights in order to get a shot at the title. Sure, boxing today is beyond annoying when the best don't fight the best and we all know the organizations only care bout their santioning fees. But they aren't mobsters, or at least we don't know if they are or not.

dinovelvet likes this.
  10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I had read some your comments done years ago. I had find out that you hate EE origin boxers.

So I'm happy that you exactly had mentioned again how bad Wlad's matchups were and exactly had mentioned midgets.

Tyson Fury had fought vs blown up cruiserweight Cunningam who before this fight had 25-5 pro boxing record, 0-1 in HW and 24-4 in Cruiserweight division.
    Cunningham before this fight had lost : 2X vs Adamek in U.S, 2X vs Hernandez ( u even know who he is? ), 1X vs cruiserweight Wlodarzczyk.

Tyson Fury had also fought vs Chisora when this had 20-4 pro boxing record : loss via stoppage vs Haye, UD loss vs 40 y.o Vitali , UD loss vs the same Fury and SD loss vs Helenius.
    Still he was enough good for Fury to fight with him again?

We here might easily dissect all Fury resume in DEPTH, including openly available in public mass media things not related to boxing in the ring if you will continue to mention crack:D etc like things.:D

Not alone to talk about how bad Klits era was.
    Bad era, then why GOOD era boxers continue to fight vs Klits era boxers beat by some from these Klits?

I always had intent to be friendly with you and Fury likes me a lot but today looks that you had posted too much.

11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Absolutely. Even some total casual friends of mine are asking me what's wrong with boxing.

12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    '
    Of course everyone cares about money and money is first priority in prizefighting.
    Orgs, events promoters, fighters promoters, managers, agents, gyms, fighters teams: everyone here is for $.

Matchmaking and short notice for opponents does wonders without anything illegal done.
    To install tickets seller in location where he is huge tickets seller too does wonders.
    With this above mentioned all worlds prosecutors can't do nothing. Nothing illegal. No need for mob with all this above mentioned.

Let's imagine just small scale event with tickets sellers vs away corner lads.
    Hall, there are maybe 1000, 2000 fans.
    They are coming to support local tickets sellers and doesn't knows much about guest fighters.
    Each move and punch done by tickets seller might create loud noise from fans supporting tickets sellers.
    All this is what this is cos everyone here needs good sales.

Ofc I had experienced also some very close matchups, sometimes too harsh for upcoming lad. Rarely.
    Ofc even sometimes reaction from local fans for example once when tickets seller get " a draw " vs journeyman crowd had yelled cos journeyman de facto had won all rounds clean and with 0 doubts.
    If something like this happens with local opponent for prospect, then stuff might go more interesting.
    Once in the same promotion local prospect get undeserved draw vs local debut lad and a lot tickets buyers had accused event's promoter regards to judges cards in his promotion.
    Might look nothing special but after this judges really started to gave more fair cards for fights in this promotion.
    This is one from reasons why in away corner promoters might prefer to use foreigners. While ppl usually think that this is done just cos they are cheaper. Not always.
    To job on cards local guy will be remembered far longer than if this is some nobody foreigner, then ppl will talk maybe some week and forget about this. Local lad walking around in city might be remembered after years.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  13. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    The judges have to do as they're told if they want the money fights. THE CORRUPTION STARTS AT THE TOP

senpai and mirkofilipovic like this.
  14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    They think the WWE run boxing too

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Floyd was actually busted in his own home not a medical facility as the ruless stated making at least THREE violations of the NSAC'S OWN RULES do they really think fans are that dumb
    ?? I guess they do because the fools still keep buying the corruption

lobk, scandcb, jaytxxl and 1 other person like this.