Is Canelo-GGG even that big?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by K.D, Oct 21, 2016.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Show me a fighter who on Gggs resume who hasn't been KTFO and was worth something? You can't.

2. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    When has Ggg had a good matchup? He rather fight bums than concede purse or weight.

3. MUFA$A

MUFA$A FEAR * THE * TANK Full Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Nahh, Not really.

David Lemiuex is probably Triple Gs most credible opponent.

Stevens himself would stomp Liam Smith.

deyell likes this.
  4. Bad News Brit

Bad News Brit Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Uhhhhmmmm......Brook also fought them 5 years ago and 15 fights ago (in their natural weight class and didn't drag them up like Canelo). This was back when Brook's training camps consisted of him partying all the time and eating beans on toast instead of getting a proper nutritionist, and was very close to packing boxing in.

GGGhaters are desperate.

5. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Of course it's big,one only has to look at how many comments you get on news 24 on GGG v Canelo threads.
    Kellerman feels it will happen next fall for sure although he conceded he also though Floyd n Pac would have happened earlier?

Question to Isal,why the extreme hate towards GGG?
    Is not possible in your world to enjoy watching both,both are exciting come forward boxers,do you not appreciate GGGs sweet violence,are you not demanding your man Canelo to step up in weight class instead of watching a repeat of the Cotto match?thats like GGG fans wanting to see the Brook rematch no?

6. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    The demographics hate GGG, while the real boxing fan just hate the GGGoons

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006

First off, Lemieux was KTFO by a Jr. MW with a sheit load of losses, and then lost to a journeyman who was KTFO by Daniel Santos and Alfredo Angulo, and you want to tell he is his most credible opponent?? WTF? LOL

Weak falking resume. Unbelievable how pathetic Gggs resume is when Lemieux is his top oppoenent. Laughable.

And then you say Stevens would KO Smith? Based on what exactly? You're talking out of your ass here.

8. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Not saying he is not a good fighter, as a matter of fact he is borderline great, but indeed one of the weakest resume for a future HOFer

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I'm a fan of both fighters, but I respect Canelo's resume and fight approach more than Ggg's. I went to the StubHub to watch and root for Ggg. I'll admit I got tired of Gggs diva ways.

Canelo has taken the smaller purse by considerable margins twice, and has been willing to fight at his opponents requested weights twice. Canelo has fought top quality opposition in Lara and Trout despite the very high risk/Low reward they presented. He also fought a WW at a catchweight unlike Ggg who made Brook move up 13 pounds.

10. LordSouness

LordSouness Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Have a sneaking feeling he's going to fight Brook early next year with the winner facing Canelo. Just a hunch - I might be way off.

11. MUFA$A

Aug 17, 2016
    First off, You're getting way too Emotional.

LIKE DAMN, thats just too much emotions right there.

Second, i very much doubt Canelo himself can even last the distance with David Lemiuex at 160 pounds.

So you can continue to say whatever you want about Lemuiex.

You know damn well Smith loses to Stevens.

No need to explain why or get into it.

Stevens would send Smith down to the canvas even quicker than Canelo did.

12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    What a shiet response.

13. MUFA$A

Aug 17, 2016
    A grown ass man should not be this emotional Period.

14. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I agree way too emotional but I guess it answers the original question about GGG v Canelo being a big fight,I'm not a fan of Oscars handling of Canelo as he's made him look like a ducker which I don't think he is,in the ring Canelo whilst always having a size advantage fights like a true warrior as does GGG so why the emotion,doesn't matter who you like the fight is bigger than anything at the mo and both fans should be demanding it for cinco de Mayo?

MUFA$A likes this.
  15. MUFA$A

Aug 17, 2016
    Yes it would be a tremendous event if took place on cinco de Mayo.

Is Canelo a ducker?

Absolutely not. I agree with you on that.

Is Canelo afraid of Triple G?

Absolutely not. I dont think Golovkin scares him as most believe.

Does Canelo truly believe he will beat Golovkin if they ever fight?

I dont think so. I feel he knows Golovkin will be too much for him .

Make no mistake about it Canelo is going down, but he will go down swinging.

He will fight his heart out against Triple G.

Angler Andrew and drenlou like this.