Is Canelo-GGG even that big?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by K.D, Oct 21, 2016.

1. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Ishida is another...

2. The Shockmaster

The Shockmaster SOG has 4 children...he pulls out of nothing banned Full Member

Apr 19, 2014
    wade who never lost before? lol...look at that resume! and he prob should have lost to soliman and many feel that way

ohhhhh an unbeaten welterweight?!?!?! wow...that is impressive....let me ask you this...in brooks 30 plus pro fights exactly how many top 10 welterweights has brook beaten??? let me answer that for you...1!!!!!!!!!!

geale got blasted out by a jr mw/ww....in 4 rounds

you are just not in touch with reality...another bumdog supefan making excusing and calling everyone, who doesnt try to suck farts out of golovkins box, a hater

maybe if golovkins fans didnt bag on more accomplished fighters constantly...or maybe if golovkin made a big/good fight once in his career....we wouldnt hate on him.....you guys bring it on yourself.....if gggs resume belonged to another fighter, like say andre ward, youd be tearing it up and laughing.....you are a joke

3. kk17

kk17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Golovkin is trying to made a big fight since years but unlike Kell Brook the so called "more accomplished fighters" seems to be afraid and prefere to fight @155

btw a drained Geale @ 157 lasted 4 rounds vs Cotto while Golovkin knocked him out a 160 in 3 rounds

4. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Biggest fight below 175.

Mr Traumatik, Mekar and kk17 like this.
  5. The Shockmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    lol...you keep holding on to that "drained" card as an explanation why a welterweight knocked out one of golovkins top 5 wins...lol

golovkin is trying to make a big for years? so when andre ward called he said no thanks....golovkin said he wouldnt bend for a catchweight for canelo even tho hes a clear b side....golden boy claims they made a 10 mil offer to golovkin and he said no.....then just the other day golovkin said "its not about the money" lol...and golovkin fans keep saying that the offer was insulting

now dont get me wrong...you never go for the first offer....but its not out of the realm that golden boys next offer is lower...lol

yeah ggg is really doing what it takes to make big fights....says no to ward....then wont even consider bending to canelo who is the clear a-side....

6. ElJaguar

ElJaguar Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2012
    By no means is this fight guaranteed to match Canelo-Cotto. Cotto had more mainstream name recognition than GGG and was coming off a string of excellent performances including stopping the number one rated fighter in the division, and the Mexico-PR rivalry elevated the whole thing to another level. GGG for all his HBO hype hasn't transcended to ppv stardom, so it's kind of baffling for his team to turn down a career high payday and the chance to elevate his career to another level, especially at this age.

7. The Shockmaster

Apr 19, 2014
    i think its wise, usually in general, to turn down a first offer.....but there is a chance that golden boys next offer isnt even as good....for a few reasons....and yeah...i think ggg, at this stage, is nuts to turn something like that down

if i was advising him and canelo offered me 155 and 10 mil im probably telling him to take it and whoop his arse and then were in the drivers seat....i mean it makes sense since the bumdogs fans tell us hes a "small mw"

8. slash

slash Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    canelo would only fight lemuiex at 158.. maybe..

9. MUFA$A

MUFA$A FEAR * THE * TANK Full Member

Aug 17, 2016
    It would be a damn shame if that happened.

10. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    You're acting you're breath,shock and co know this full well and the long list of fighters who've avoided GGG,you mention Kell Brook being brave enough to step up,brave enough or stupid enough however you want to call it,Kell Brook took the fight with GGG for the reason that he was being avoided in his own division,I used to think Brook was avoiding the big fights himself until the interview he gave after his last win at welterweight,he and Hearn said theyed called everyone and even with Hearns money they all declined,the very fact he was crazy enough to take a big money fight with Golovkin says how much he was fed up himself with being avoided,a cinic might say he could of waited for Spence but that would have mean being inactive.
    I have had my concerns over K2 and Abel Sanchez just winds me up for wanting the limelight too much but like Paulie M says you can't throw someone's resume at them because of the guys he should be facing in his own division won't face him,I only take notice of the boxing media and anyone who's anyone all agree about Golovkin,for instance when does Canelo ever travel anywhere,Golovkin apparently was getting robbed on the scorecards against Brook and yet he's still willing to travel outside of his comfort zone,quite simply Jacobs and all the other numpties are making themselves look like idiots for calling GGG out and then having second thoughts and yet Shock and his team of trolls choose to ignore what's going on?

MUFA$A likes this.
  11. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Naw.
    Williams Vs Charlo is much bigger.
    Canelo Vs Little g isn't even as big as Vargas Vs Pacquaio.