Is Canelo the most overrated boxer in history?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DoubleM, Jan 24, 2023.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    But every word I posted is 100% true & you know it. Only response is bring out the HATER tag lol. I have no respect for either of them I do not support CHEATERS & PED BASHERS !!!!! I support FIGHTERS!!!! who have no need to cheat

2. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    He's over rated if you are rating him based on a draw and a win over GGG in addition to his other accomplishments.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Canelo will be in the hof a couple years after he retires pbf is already in the hof. Frauds don't get into the hof. You keep talking about cheaters yet you're the biggest margo fan on this site a guy who was banned for loading his gloves which is 10000000x worse than anything you accuse canelo and pbf of who will never get into the hof. And you want to talk about frauds and cheats???? Practice what you preach.

4. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Fraud post. Nobody has called Canelo the goat.

Ph33rknot, C.J. and Pimp C like this.
  5. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Pipe it down fraud.. still waiting for you to tell us you boxrec with your undefeated pro record... lol

6. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    ROFLMAO !!! NOTHING was ever proven against Antonio It was just Naz making his usual complaints about their opponents wraps . Then the blatant " Plaster Blocks " LIE!! led to that disgraceful injustice. When the CSAC realized they'd made a faux pas they were snookered. The testing of the pads revealed there was never any plaster in them those pads were harmless. I wish they had indicted him he'd have been a very rich man today They'd have been laughed out of court. The CSAC refused to reinstate Tony because , in their own words, We believe he MAY HAVE TRIED TO LOAD HIS GLOVES !! I wonder if all concerned sleep well at night knowing they destroyed an innocent mans career & tarnished his good name based on LIES!!!!!!!
    In all honesty if ANYONE could have provided positive proof Tony had tried to cheat I'd have been at him myself as bad as anyone but no one could
    See YOU even lie on your post Pimp you claim Antonio was banned for loading his gloves, he wasn't, the CSAC lawyers were wiser than you. The CSAC themselves banned him because they THOUGHT he may have tried. They left the way clear for Floyd to slither back with Tony out of the picture didnt they as he'd already RETIRED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a life man

7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Of course they didn't Kirk boxing fans know better don't we

kirk likes this.
  8. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Proof?

9. uppakut

uppakut Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I wouldn't class Canelo as the most overrated of all time, There's a flabby heavyweight dosser that comes to mind who has a host of cheerleaders claiming he's better than Ali who is more deserving of that title (Overrated) Canelo has at least fought some good quality opposition although there are question marks of how clean he is

10. Mr Stagger Lee

Mr Stagger Lee Active Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
  11. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    ive already had this take after he lost to larry mosely.

12. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    People do know what overrated is right?

Talked about in such regard which doesn't measure up to one's achievements, the dude has won world titles in 4 divisions is it?

13. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    He's done quite a bit more than Beterbiev or GGG and both of those guys get more credit than Canelo does at least around here

14. fruitandnutcase

fruitandnutcase Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2022
    No, that's SRL, who had an excellent career, but who regularly gets put in boomer midwits top 10s or even top 5s, when his career had more smoke, mirrors and asterisks than even ODLH

Canelo will be remembered as a throwback to the 2000s/2010s when division-hopping was a bit more common; who lost at his lightest and at his heaviest, and who had a controversial trilogy with middleweight HOF GGG. Him unifying 168 in less than 12 months might also be remembered as it was pretty fun at the time

Part of the reason Canelo's P4P status is/was so overblown is due to Usyk getting tangled up in heavyweight politics, the Bud/Spence standoff, Loma's messy career at 135 and comparatively few people caring about Inoue's accomplishments

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    His trainer admitted to reusing gause and that in itself is illegal