Is Crawford a good fighter or a great fighter?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    You really think hes in the category of Marquez and Monzon ? I wouldn't say hes even close to either TBH. And I'm surprised you don't think Marquez or Monzon is a great ? Most experts have Monzon in the top 50 greatest boxers of all time, and hes widely considered a top 3 Middleweight of all time. Crawford wouldn't even be in the top 100 boxers of all time.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    That left me scratching my head aswell ?

ShovelHook and JOKER like this.
  3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I critisize Fury's resume for being too weak to be called great. In my opinion, I don't think either guy has beaten the opponents necessary to be called great. Crawford has unified divisions, which are impressive, but are those accomplishments great? I do, however, believe both are tough challenges H2H for the past greats.

4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    I like Bud but his career kinda fizzled out at 147. He needed some signature wins which never materialized for whatever reasons. I don't think Crawford ducked anyone,he hasn't got that kind of mentality. It's boxing politics that derailed his career.

Oddone likes this.
  5. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    This.

At the end of the day, no matter who's fault it is, you can only judge a fighter based on who they fought and when. Crawford is lacking here.

SomeFella and drenlou like this.
  6. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Monzon, JMM, and Benitez are certified ATGs. I don't understand how you could categorize them as just "really good".

7. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    His name is ironic.

Toker, ShovelHook and Flo_Raiden like this.
  8. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    You summed it up very well regarding the Eye passing test But against Lesser opposition, sad his Career is being aired & the fans are missing out on better fights all at the same time.

Braindamage likes this.
  9. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    True, Canelo is a bad dude whether you like or not.

10. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Neither.

He's a very good fighter with a rather pedestrian resume.

11. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    This is the most ill-informed post I've seen this week...Monzon is one of the greatest at his weight ever...and if Marquez fought in weak ere (which he clearly didn't) then what on earth do you think this era is?
    It isn't just about depth of talent it's the context of all these top guys actually fighting each other. This era sucks because only a small handful of fighters are actually doing the latter and hitting the road and taking on all corners.
    Crawford like many of his contemporaries have resumes that look very weak against the ATG's. He had the potential but I think his chance at his age to prove it now makes it very difficult for him.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    Rumsfeld, Flo_Raiden and ShovelHook like this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Benitez and Monzon were truly great fighters. Cotto was a fantastic fighter a genuine 4 weight divisions world champion. Yes a great fighter. Crawford has the skills sets of a great fighter but perhaps not the accomplishment as of yet. He needs to fight Erroll Spence irrespective of the outcome for his legacy.

13. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Did you just call Monzón who has an argument for being the best middleweight ever only a good fighter?

Oddone, Toker, Rumsfeld and 1 other person like this.
  14. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I think Crawford is the goods through and through. He is a mean dude, seems to be dedicated. Why the Spence fight fell through, I can only speculate that he didn't truely understand what was in the contract. He wanted real numbers and maybe didn't understand the percentages. Just doesn't make any sense.

15. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Are Emile Griffith, Nino Benvenuti, Jose Napoles, Rodrigo Valdes and Bennie Briscoe somehow no good?

Sooncreate3 and Rumsfeld like this.