Is Crawford and Spence Generational Talents?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Aug 15, 2022.

1. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    The Pernell that Oscar faought is better than any version of Floyd

2. BoxingIQ

Nov 6, 2017
    timothy Bardley was top 5 p4p at that time he fought Pac. Let's put that in perspective

3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    and what criteria did you use to make that determination, or are you just repeating what some writer wrote somewhere at that time?

4. BoxingIQ

Nov 6, 2017
    Name 5 fighters better than Bradley when he fought Manny? I'll wait.

5. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Why not, people just like to think modern fighters can’t compete with past eras. Truth is an elite fighter is gonna do well in any time period.

6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    how bout answering my question before making demands of me. did you figure that ranking yourself, or are you repeating what you heard or read somewhere? not gonna wait.

7. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Is your brain not gooder than others? Like is it hurt?

Jackstraw likes this.
  8. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Kinda hard to tell when they aren't doing anything to suggest that. Other than 'business as usual' that is

9. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Possibly and I do think they are generational talents. Everyone on here knows Spence is my guy. I have said it before and I will say it again EJ Spence the Truth is the mix of the mindset mentality of Marvelous Marvin Hagler, the fundamental skills set of fellow Texan Donald Curry and the body punching ability of the Body Snatcher Mike McCallum. Terence Bud Crawford is another fantastic fighter, excellent athleticism, speed and a mean SOB in a complementary sense a bit like the great Sugar Ray Leonard. However they need to fight and fight now whilst they are at their mature stage of their peak. This fight can make both winner and loser legendary. Both guys I think beat Manny but style wise easier win for Spence I believe but both will lose to peak Mayweather. I think both would struggle against Tito Trinidad, SRL, Duran, Hearns, Benitez and Sugar Ray Robinson to name some. I can see them outpointing Simon Brown, Maurice Blocker, Honeyghan though Marlon Starling would be difficult. Pre Honeyghan Curry would be very difficult.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    @The Real Lance they need to fight to let us know. Honestly this is the most anticipated Welterweight unification since Hearns vs Leonard and Tito Trinidad and Oscar. The first one confirmed the legendary greatness because both men were prepared to pay the price of greatness, the 2nd one did not as ultimately Oscar was afraid to pay the price whereas Tito was. I remember a fight journalist writing after the fight along these lines and I paraphrase “ one guy was scared, the other was glad he was scared ….” So Tito vs Os ar as a fight was a let down. I think Spence vs Crawford will give us a drama fight.

The Real Lance likes this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    @JOKER Proven yourself to be a joke with no hope again.

12. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    They are both very good. Spence in some ways reminds me of Riddick Bowe. Great box fighter.

They need to fight now though. Its not a good look on the sport if they delay it further. Neither of them are close to the draws Manny and Mayweather were

13. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    They damn well better! Time is NOT on their sides. Good point about Tito v Oscar.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  14. Presenting-Fight-Film

Presenting-Fight-Film Active Member Full Member

Apr 18, 2022
    Crawford yes, Spence is not really that talented compared to generational fighters.

Reinhardt likes this.
  15. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    What weight was a prime Manny? It sure ain't 147 where Marquez turned him off like a TV and Horn mugged him.