Is Crawford as skilled as Floyd Mayweather was?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Carpe Diem, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    No one is as skilled as Mayweather was. Crawfords brilliance is that he combines a unique set of skills with instincts, toughness and grit that are second to none right now

Carpe Diem likes this.
  2. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    This content is protected

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    No.
    Crawford had won Mean Machine just because he had better S/C level not pure skills.
    Crawford was bob's money kid until he had struggled with insulted and disrespected by forums commentators and YT comments trolls Mean Machine who looks that was #8 th in rankings.
    He needs fights like vs Spence Jr and without hometown ref not giving him count like he had A side kid's option vs Machine.
    Crawford is done completely and might continue his career.

Yeah, he is better in S/C than this Mean Machine but in other criteria: very highly skilled weight bully vs mismatched opponents and kid with excellent S/C level for his size. That's all for him.

4. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    This content is protected

5. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Crawford is a better man than Mayweather outside the ring.

But he's been poorly managed/promoted/matched by Bob Arum so we don't really know how good he is.

Silver and Malph like this.
  6. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    No. His defense is nowhere near Mayweather's level.

7. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    No. No and No. And HAIL NO.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Answer is NO. He is very skilled but there is only one Floyd.

9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    More versatile set of skills, but less acutely skillful overall. If that makes any sense.

Think of it like this: most fighters can wield a water balloon filled with about half a litre of applied ring IQ (which their athleticism, muscle-memory and proprioception under peak trained conditions are consistently able to act upon, with body and mind in synergistic harmony). Champions on average, maybe a litre give or take a cup. Bud has more like a Batman utility belt with several water grenades, let's say half a dozen, each holding a third of a litre - meaning he's altogether better equipped than most. But then you're talking PBF, who is carrying around this enormous sloshing 2-gallon bladder and doing yo-yo tricks with it like it was nothing.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    And yes I overthought it and made that insanely overcomplicated, but...it works for me. :lol:

11. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Crawford has excellent defensive tactics - by not fighting anyone decent he can't lose.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  12. Themessiah

Themessiah El Jefe Full Member

Feb 1, 2021
    As long as we don't see Crawford fight someone relevant we will never be able to tell

Surrix likes this.
  13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
  14. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I have not seen a fighter yet with overall skillset of Floyd Mayweather, That includes Crawford, still waiting.

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Now, if Floyd had been able, on top of all else that he could do, to switch-hit as seamlessly and effectively as Terence can - bahgawd, he probably would be as good as he says, and sincerely TBE.