Is Crawford at 135, 140, and 147 on the same level as Floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Oct 14, 2021.

1. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Just dropped in here for a laugh. Thanks, guys.

Keldan and Dannymita like this.
  2. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Is he **** lol

Keldan likes this.
  3. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    It’s not a controversial take

4. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    It’s the fluidity and consistency that separates them. Floyd had a different that of rhythm. Once he manages to land 3-5 different type of punches on you, he starts mixing them up and disguising his attacks all while landing cleanly at ease and being defensively responsible all in one motion. Crawford is a great finisher, but his punching accuracy, fluidity, etc, aren’t on par with Mayweather.

5. JustABoxinFan

JustABoxinFan New Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2021
    You tried your hardest to discredit Crawford and ended up contradicting yourself badly.....
    Gamboa was undefeated and in his prime when he fought Crawford. He was 32 years old.......And he landed a clean punch so yea he rocked Crawford....but what happened afterwards. Crawford was a lightweight at the time too....you acting like he was heavy and fighting little guys in weights below him. Gamboa had stopped 17 of his previous 23 opponents. And he was one of the fastest in the business.

Your contradictory statement is when you bring up Mosley.....was 39 years old fighting Floyd, but you want to give him credit for that match up.

You bring up Kavaliauskas who clearly is a puncher, not a boxer.....yes he hit Crawford clean but no knockdown was scored......Similar to Judah who rocked Floyd twice and both should have been ruled knockdowns but that's ignored in your argument huh.......

Fact is, Crawford getting rocked caused him to drop both of those opponents repeatedly, eventually stopping them.......You can't discredit him because of what weight he was fighting at the time.....That's silly.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    At 135? Conceivably

At 140? Possibly

At 147? Perhaps

Truth be told it is what it is. Realistically speaking so to speak

Thing is we'll never know. Just let sleeping dogs lie and let that be the end of it

7. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Mayweather fought guy's like Corrales Castillo Mosley DLH Hatton Cotto Canelo and Pacquiao, why would Mayweather wouldn't fight Crawford who has done nothing? Idiot

Olu G. Rotimi and Mighty like this.
  8. MarvelousMarvinGolovkin

MarvelousMarvinGolovkin Kownackis belly button lint Full Member

Nov 13, 2020
    Yes he would have, he'd have waited until Bud got to 39 then forced him to drop 20lbs in a month and then fought him

JustABoxinFan likes this.
  9. Starched Him

Starched Him Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I am not in no way discrediting Crawford. I have been here over 10 years discrediting Fighters Crawford isnt 1 of them.

Gamboa 2nd fight at that division, he was the smaller man. What happened what was supposed to happen to the smaller man. Great Big Man beats Great Smaller man, Great Smaller man wouldnt have hurt Floyd like that. Look at the shot He took from Paquiao. He reacted much better and Paquiao is an 8 divison Champion leaps and bounds better than gamboa.

How many Knockouts did Gamboa have in that weight class before Crawford? ZERO! He only had 1 fight at that division who he couldnt knock out and fought Bud A guy with 3 inch in height over him and 5 inches of reach over him who moved up in weight to try to get this fight. But thats Irrelevant. Im only bringing this up because you talking like gamboa didnt move up. The point is the smaller man hurt bud.

See here you are talking about match ups a $$ hurt because your boo baby honor is on the line The matchup aint the point but ill circle back around to it since you brought it up.

I THINK WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT MOSLEY COMING OFF A BIG WIN KNOCKING OUT MARGARITO SHOWS MOSLEY IS FAR GREATER AT 39 THAN GAMBOA AT 32 yall here on this forum begged for this fight. now its a shyt win right lol

as far as the matchup, MOSLEY WAS THE CHAMPION! You see nobody here will you help with that arguement know why? Because here on this forum EVERYBODY WAS CALLING FLOYD A DUCK AND SCARED OF MOSLEY. Because he tried to secure a fight with paquiao agin Bob Arum was posted and he said THE BEST FIGHT to be made IS MOSLEY VS MAYWEATHER. This isnt made up. Search the D @ M N forum. I have a 10 year old post about Paquiao legacy coming to an end because everyone here wanted him to fight mosley to keep him away from paquiao, I say this in that post. Now fast forward MOSLEY WAS TOO OLD and Floyd dont deserve credit even tho he just kod the oh so great legendary margarito. lol. This iant the point but you wanted to do this.

Bottom line 39 year old mosley hits harder than 135 gamboa and was and always is considered greater as Mosley himself fought at 135 and competed all the way to 154. AND THATS THE POINT. Who has Gamboa stopped at age 39 or however old he is? lol Hes a measuring stick

You know Its just diffrent when it comes from a guy who was just the last undisputed Welterweight of the World boxing has had vs a ranked #9 contender you know?

This isnt a discredit.

Floyd wouldnt have got hurt by these guys. It dont mean hes a bust. It means hes not at the same level as Floyd you sound ridiculous,

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  10. Starched Him

Starched Him Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Heres 32 year old Mosley ducking Floyd. SInce we keep Bringing up 39.

This content is protected

Anyway the End result was Floyd fought Oscar De La Hoya at 154. Since Mosley was doing him dirty since he was the star
    Mosley knocks out Margarito and is no longer the star But he is The Champion chases floyd calls him a duck lol
    ''If I fight him you will say oh he was old'' Mayweather

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  11. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Right. Mayweather can take away your game and has rare countering ability.

12. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    We simply don't know because Crawford hasn't fought the level of opposition needed to show whether he is at that level or not.

On eye test though, the only things Crawford has on Floyd are size, punching power, and switching stance. His chin is worse, per an earlier poster, although if talking h2h I don't think Floyd hits hard enough at 140 or 147 to make it a big factor.

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I said this a few years ago. It still rings true at 135, 140, 147 and if Crawford ever makes it to 154.

I used high level, general tangibles, but honestly I could go over board and names specifics as well (up jab, body jab, straight right, check hook etc...), but that would at this point, be beating a dead horse.

14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I like to rag on Floyd's resume

but Crawfords?

bahahahahhaha

This guy is going to beat Porter then claim he is the GOAT and maybe retire. Crawford ain't all that. Happy to get squandered.

Carpe Diem likes this.
  15. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2020
    Bullocks. At 140-147, not a lot of boxers were willing to walk through Floyd’s punches, and Crawford would be no exception.