Is Crawford in the same class as Mayweather, Leonard, Duran or more in the Class of Oscar, Mosley...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Mar 10, 2022.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: OK noob....

2. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Mosley in his prime was better than Mayweather. That's why Mayweather avoided Shane until he was age 40.

Jackstraw, pacas and ElCyclon like this.
  3. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Umm yeah… I’m gonna go ahead and add you to the ignore list buddy.. You boxingIQ in minuscule at best.. I love Errol Spence but to say he’s superior to Oscar, Tito and Mosley when he’s 31 and stalling the one pickem fight in the division for him. Oscar didn’t try to age Tito or Mosley out and I’m not even an Oscar fan.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Jackstraw likes this.
  4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    WTF? Floyd never fougt anyone as big as Hagler or who had a jab as good or as big as Hagler`s or Hearns, nor has he ever faced power like that, Duran would have battered Floyd, I`d pick Floyd v Leonard though, I feel Ray`s power won him his fight v Benitez but Floyd didn`t have that kind of power so would lost to Benitez, Floyd was just a boring, quick spoiling counter-puncher.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  5. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    When he fights someone elite give me a call. He passes the eye test but as I always say you can't gauge properly until they fight other elites.
    It really is as simple as that.

acie2g likes this.
  6. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Yes, we really need to see Crawford vs Spence this year.

exocet76 likes this.
  7. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    It needs to happen as if it turns into a May v Pac then they won't be getting a penny from me.
    I'm hoping if Spence gets through Ugas it should be on. I don't think Crawford has anyone lined up yet. let's hope they stop fannying around and get it done asap.

pacas likes this.
  8. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    He has not done anything to demonstrate that he's as good as anybody you mentioned in the OP.

He may be better than he has seemed, but he needs to fight some better competition so we can see where to place him.

A bout with Spence would be a good start.

9. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I would say that Gamboa and Porter are in the same class as Ike. Ask yourself this, could you see Ike being competitive against Spence and Crawford? I think not? Again, he was stopped by Fernando Vargas who a level below Crawford, Thurman, Spence, Ennis

10. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Vernon lost to Moyorga. Let that sink in

11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Quartey wasnt stopped by Vargas. But i do think he would be very competitive against todays crop of welterweights. Ike was a very underrated fighter who doesnt get enough credit for his technical ability and great bazooka jab.

12. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010

Dude this generation of welters is weak af Oscar is a 5/6- division champ, Mosley a 3 division champ, Tito went from welter-middle, Vargas at 22/23 was fighting elite level comp… I like Spence but most of these so called big fights should have been step up fights done YEARS ago it’s 2022 we still waiting for a 35 yr old Crawford to have a GREAT win and we still waiting for a 31 yr old Spence to unify titles.
    Thurman entire career is based off of faking injuries and running away from rematches non fights he arguably lost and got boo’d out the ring at the end of stalling up the division.

pacas likes this.
  13. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

14. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Excellent post!!!!

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  15. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I’m fairly confident Tito will knock out both Spence and Crawford.
    And Oscar will decision Spence and Crawford.

pacas likes this.