Is Eddie Hearn on skid row?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Oct 6, 2022.

1. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    He's not what he was, but he's earned a fortune for himself AND who is there really to challenge him here?

Wazza can't get Yarde a fight with anyone decent, Tyson has about 2 fights left (and Frank already failed to get huge ppv numbers in Tysons big comeback), doesn't have any massive stars on the rise. And Sky would take Hearn back in a heartbeat.
    Had he stayed at Sky do you really think Wazza would be where he is now? Heck no.

The UK scene isn't as strong, when looking at promoters, as you think.

Canvassed likes this.
  2. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    There’s no doubt in my mind that he was under massive pressure from DAZN to make this fight happen.

This was going to be the biggest moment for DAZN over here, they have never had anywhere near as much mainstream coverage for one of their fights. I’m not saying the future of the company depended on it being a success, but I fully believe that they had a hell of a lot riding on it.

If (and that’s a big if) the fight does get rearranged will all of the TV shows that had interviews and gave it coverage do so again?

I think Hearn acted the way he did because he knew how important it was for DAZN (and Matchroom) that the fight went ahead. I’m definitely not saying he was right to do so but I understand why he did what he did.

DramaShow, Holler and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  3. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Fact is that this isn’t Joshua getting taken out by Ruiz where he could make a load of money in the rematch. Of his 2 biggest stars, Joshua is fading & can no longer even be argued (by even his biggest fans) that he’s number 1 in the division.

Now his next ‘ppv star’ has been popped, & even the casuals have cottoned on to his behaviour since , being extremely hypocritical & showing no duty of care to the fighters, something he’s forever preached about.

The promises he’s made before moving to DAZN about the quality of cards have, largely, not come to fruition.

DAZN will want a ppv asap - if they weren’t friends I could have seen Eddie trying to throw money at Bellew for a Bellew-Chisora. It will be interesting to see what fights get made over the next few weeks.

4. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Haye could probably be talked into it. Maybe even fight both of them in a triple threat.

Jacko likes this.
  5. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Hes certaily in a much worse position than he was a couple of years ago. gone from being the number 1 promoter in the world to having that questioned. The dazn move has been a disaster.

6. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I think its very telling that no other major promoter likes him and the US lot hate his guts. Its left him in the awkward position where he can't (or wont) make decent fights and never signs decent fighters anymore. Who's he got really? The ghost of Anthony Joshua, Josh Warrington, Connor Benn, Alan Babic, that woman who wears thongs to the weigh ins.

It's slim pickings isn't it.

navigator, sniffmybadger and BXNG101 like this.
  7. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    It is only a matter of time before we can buy the book Eddie Hearn : Greatness and Fall :)

kojak likes this.
  8. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    And then 'bouncing back' with Hearn holding a ball, grinning and pointing.

Wizbit1013 and Astro like this.
  9. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Woman who wears thongs to the weigh ins :lol:

She doesn't deserve to be called by her name

Bob Flaps likes this.
  10. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    I genuinely can't remember it.

It might be Ebonie Bridges but I cba to check.

11. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    After seeing an interview with her and Alan Brazil the other day, you could just as easily say:

"Woman who dumped her boyfriend of 10 years for her boxing career"
    "Woman who sells her used underwear to fans for hundreds"
    "Woman who did something so bad for money they had to bleep it out"

12. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Yes, things haven't exactly been smooth sailing for Eddie Hearn since joining DAZN UK.

13. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    My type of lass.

14. cornwall22

cornwall22 Active Member Full Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Hearn loves himself too much to leave entirely, the darts and snooker won't cut it. Maybe he goes into football or some foray into F1 (mega reach lol)

15. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    They are seriously missing the sky sports marketing machine. Was an awful decision to leave them.

Canvassed, aaaaa, Oreet Cha! and 2 others like this.