Is Eddie Hearn the only bloke that can create a PPV star?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Oct 17, 2017.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    The Sky platform helps Hearn but I don't remember Warren, Moloney and Hatton creating the same success or buzz of the same platform. Certainly not in last 10 years or so.

2. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Whilst Hearn is probably better than Frank, I think he has the better platform.

If he signed a fighter he has huge AJ cards he can stick them on to raise their recognition and has Sky which seems to do numbers on PPV

Frank doesn't really have that name that can generate tons of interest, So he has to do more to promote his fighters as he doesn't have an AJ who can sell the fight himself. Whether the BT deal can help that, we'll find out

But I think if Hearn had people like Yarde they'd be a lot more hyped up than they are atm.

3. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    What do you mean? Just look at Hughie Fury. I heard he did at least 43 buys on Youtube.

ipitythefool likes this.
  4. ryuken87

ryuken87 Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Since the BT deal, I think the best fight involving a boxer from Warren's stable is Saunders vs Lemieux, but the fight isn't even in the UK where the champion is from. I'm sure Saunders is getting decent money, but he could have got the same before the BT deal if he's going away. What's the BT money there for if not to put on big shows in the UK?

The young prospects like Yarde should be on these bigger cards to get exposure against decent opponents so that they can start headlining cards of their own.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Love him or loathe him, Eddie hearn is the man who can turn you into a ppv star.... Warren was the man in the past but you sense what he is building with box nation could really challenge matchroom and sky in the future