Is Edward Hearn the most succesful british promoter ever?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Infern0121, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Previously we have had a few good promoters but they all felt a bit 2 bob compared to the US counterparts.

Eddie is media friendly, has shows with tremendous production values and has turn fighters like Bellew and Whyte into ppv megastars

Eddie has changed the game and made the uk the home of heavyweight boxing.

I think this man deserves to be on the new years honours

bailey and KermitTheFrog like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hi Matchroom Mick - glad that you have made it to the forum.

On behalf of existing Sky Sports Subscribers being fleeced for PPV money, Eh day really deserves a gong imminently - preferably struck towards an area hanging below his Black & Decker

Sephiroth Rising 7 and 305th like this.
  3. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    Tell sky sports to stop spending all of your subscription money on football, that way there will be more than 2 shillings and half a crown left for other sports and we won't need ppv.

Regards

Mick

4. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    They get a call from me every time a PPV is announced, every time a shyte boxing card is on and monthly complaints about the obscene sums wasted on Football.

5. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Eddie is good no doubt, king of hype.

However once that Fatty Frank Smith starts doing press conferences and interviews, then you'll see the budget Eddie Hearn. It's actually quite embarassing. He should be himself rather than trying to be Eddie. His interview with Kugan last week, he was asked one question and he went off on a tangent about how British boxing is booming at the minute which is exactly what Eddie Hearn says.

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Who's the competition.
    Warren.
    Duff.
    Solomans
    Malony
    Hennessy
    Levene
    Hatton
    Cyclone
    Hayemaker
    Then there's smaller ones who havint really had much to do with tv deals.
    You would then have to define your interpretation of successful. Longest running, made the most money, had the most boxers, had the most world champs all the above.
    I'd say Frank and Duff had both had their success with plenty of the above points.
    Eddie is seriously catching up and if he continues as he is then with more time he'll blow the rest away

7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Go have a lie down Barry, you're not as young as you used to be, people know who your son is and can make there own minds up.
    For what it's worth my answer is 'No'.

8. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    If this guy legit has a past of bullying documented in the press he'll never win a gong from the parasites at buckers

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Hard to judge. What I will say is he ain't bankrupted a promotions company yet so his doing something right.

10. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    Hard to say because he has such a leg up from his dad. In such a niche, clichy industry, that was everything

It's easy to hate promoters, they are an easy target and can never make everyone happy

You can't argue that Eddie has some skills in this game

305th and Jurgen like this.
  11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    The Silver Spoon certainly gives many plonkers a serious leg up in life and also gets their cox up females they would never get near on a level playing field.

Jealous fooker I am!

sjp17 likes this.
  12. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    Equally many kids of rich parents end up art school drop outs playing in bands in shitty pubs etc.

It CAN help but it's hardly a given. He's got work ethic.

Aliglasgowgardener likes this.
  13. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I would say Eddie has made boxing big in the UK again. He has brought the best boxers over here when previously everyone just wanted to fight in the US. Everyone moans about too many PPV events but it is still very successful and always brings in the big numbers. I know most people hate him on here but I personally think he is doing a great job and I am happy to see the likes of Klitchko, Spence and GGG in live events.

BXNG101 likes this.
  14. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Hes up there but is a weasel at the same time, shame the sport needs wretches like Hearn involved.

305th likes this.
  15. Infern0121

Jan 21, 2018
    Mate real talk, someone with that hustle and work ethic is always going to be successful, it's just a case of at what level.