Is Fury correctly focusing more on strength and looking to KO Wilder in the rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UFC2020, Jan 18, 2020.

1. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    I personally don't want him to stand toe to toe, he should have the same approach as the first fight where he should still move around the ring, make him miss, duck away from the shots but what i would like to see different is that when he tags him with his counter punches, one twos and if he backs him up then he needs to go for it.

Fury against Shwartz came in at 263 lbs and he was much stronger and was able to hit harder while still being elusive. Doing this for 12 rounds will be much harder and just tapping to a win is not going to do it in the US therefore i feel he is correctly looking for a knock out but he has to do it intelligently and educatedly in a calculated risk manner.

Wilder on the other hand will be making adjustments of his own i.e. not wasting punches, being more patient, utilizing the jab more, using the left hook, upper cut more, going after Fury's body but inspite of these adjustments there is no way he can compete with Fury when it comes to skills and ring iq, at some point when he is really behind on the cards, he will start need to go for broke with that right hand

Interesting Chess Match. Will be absolutely hilarious if it goes the distance that the judges come up with another draw. But you have to give full marks to both these guys for being willing to put it all on the line especially where they are willing to risk the big money fight with AJ. The fact these guys are willing to do a trilogy is even more impressive.

2. Faceplant

Faceplant Lucky Full Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I think he may be correct. Not only would a KO take it out of possibly biased judges hands, it would also minimise the time he is in the ring with Wilder who we know can land that big shot on Fury.

LoadedGlove, Malph and Unforgiven like this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Fury has to attack that body!

4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Lol, **** both these guys, they avoided each other as long as they could. I'm not gonna gush over them for doing what real fighters are expected to do.

greenhornet likes this.
  5. Chutz

Chutz Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    He will fight the same as last time. Most of the pre fight talk is bollocks

6. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Is Fury correctly focusing more on strength and looking to KO Wilder in the rematch?

No, hes talking big for promotion.

greenhornet, DimitarB and Holler like this.
  7. highlander

highlander Active Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2017
    tyson "feather fists" fury? he couldn't even knock down a swedish cab driver! he will fight the same way he always does.

greenhornet likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    look what happen to Gorman in Gorman vs Dubois...

He tried going for the sweet science training to move around and punish... well didnt work out as he got pummelled and overwhelmed

So Fury's best bet is offence > defence

9. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    He should fully commit to counters. Even he could KO Wilder if catches him throwing one of those wild haymakers.

pow likes this.
  10. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    it would be a bad decision to try to knock out Wilder. Then he leaves himself open more to counters. I doubt he will do that. He has to focus and jab and avoid that right. Focus all 12 rounds and he can win easily enough, but get hit clean once and maybe it is over.

gerryb likes this.
  11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Mind games probably, but I'm expecting to see a much better Fury than the first fight.

12. GeorgeDeservesAMedal

GeorgeDeservesAMedal Member banned Full Member

Nov 14, 2018
    I think Fury has underrated power. So maybe it is the right approach to concentrate on making them count more. Get that respect early, then pick him apart. The KO may eventually come. Wilder isn’t Vitali Klitschko in the chin department

13. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    We have heard this all before ! If you think Fury is going in there to have a tear up with Wilder you need help!

14. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Wilder eventually finds the target and will land something at one point. Better for Fury to get Wilder's respect and take it out of the judges hands.

candlelitekid and SmackDaBum like this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He tried going down the outboxing route the first time and was robbed blind and seeing as Bootleg D categorically refused to come to the UK for the rematch even though the vast vast majority of observers across the globe had him losing the fight, is Fury supposed to leave it in the judge's hands this time too so they can rob him again?

2013 quote from Bootleg D on fighting Fury

''I would fight him anywhere," said Wilder. "I'm a traveller, a global fighter, I fight anywhere all over the world that's how you become legendary. You become legendary by not being afraid to go into enemy territory when the time comes or when duty calls.''

''I would fight him anywhere''

Lie

"I'm a traveller, a global fighter, I fight anywhere all over the world that's how you become legendary.''

You sure about that?

''You become legendary by not being afraid to go into enemy territory when the time comes or when duty calls.''

Yep. Usyk is the poster boy for this, whereas you, however, ducked back into the chicken coop when ''duty called'' and expected Fury to return to the scene of the crime where he'd just been robbed so the judges could rob him again which is exactly what he's having to do again this time because you wouldn't dare do the thing once that he's doing twice.

Personally I think Fury's going to box but will be sitting down on his shots more than he did in the first fight and if he hurts D he'll put his foot down and try and take it out of the judge's hands.

This content is protected

timeout and manex like this.