Is Golovkin in the HOF ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ENI_3300, Apr 9, 2021.

Golovkin in the HOF ?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2022.
  1. No

13.6%
  2. Yes

86.4%
  1. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010

Dude stop ok just stop GGG lost to Canelo and struggled with Jacobs and Dervy 2 guys who shown to not be anything special... y’all kill me GGG ain’t get fights because his career fighting nobodies trying to dictate to actual stars you can’t name 1 concession Golovkin has EVER made to get a fight, this man is average and his claim to fame is getting a draw vs Canelo and winning internet fights but not actually fighting fighters.. why hasn’t GGG mention ANY other MW champ unless he can fight a bum for a vacant title

2. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Boo...

3. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Lara didnt except defeat, Cotto didnt either, Trout was a good sport because he wanted to behave like a Christian, he knew he was robbed too. Canelo got beat soundly by Mayweather so he hadn't a leg to stand on. GGG got robbed in the first fight, then the 2nd was postponed due to Canelo getting caught cheating. Why does all Canelo apponents have to take their robberies as a man?

Jackstraw and Surrix like this.
  4. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Canelo doesn't need to fight Golovkin a third time. If he makes history as the first ever undisputed SMW champion, that would be a greater accomplishment than anything Golovkin has done.

5. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Nobody is going to convince anybody who has made up his mind otherwise but...

Not a lot of people though Canelo deserved a draw against GGG in that first fight or an outright victory in that 2nd fight.

GGG won at least 9 rounds against Jacobs - who was somewhere between a LWH and a freakin' CW when he stepped in that ring.

Yes, GGG struggled against Dervy - he was 38.

But it was age that caught up to GGG - not Canelo.

Canelo is the 2nd best money making machine in the sport's history. Only Mayweather beats him for that.

So there you go - I paid your boy a compliment.

Surrix likes this.
  6. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Plenty of fighters who are soundly beaten still profess they thought they won. Pacquiao got beat soundly by Mayweather but in the post fight interview in the ring Pac-Man said "I think I win the fight". Everyone was like what? And that was a wide UD. Unlike Pac-Man, Canelo came a lot closer to beating Mayweather, he got a close MD so he had more more reason to say he won, but he chose to be the bigger man and accept defeat and congratulate Mayweather like a true sportsman.

When Broner was soundly defeated by Pacquiao, Broner said "I beat that boy, I beat him, I beat him". So plenty of fighters after being soundly beaten and don't have a leg to stand on still profess they won and were robbed. Canelo could have done that but didn't.

Trout was a good sport but Lara or Cotto didn't accept defeat? I'm not saying you have to accept defeat if you think you won, but there's a difference between that and storming out of the ring without even giving an interview like GGG did after he lost to Canelo. Canelo showed tons more class and maturity in how he dealt with his defeat than GGG did his. GGG acted like an entitled, spoiled little kid when he lost. GGG must not have been raised to respect others and handle yourself with class and dignity like Canelo was.

7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Yes, of course he is.

Doesn't make him an all time great or anything like that, but look who is actually in there and he deserves to be.

8. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    No he doesn't need to fight Golovkin a third time. You're right. And I'm hoping he doesn't because GGG is already 39 years-old. But it remains a money fight for both...so it's probably going to happen.

I am very angry that nobody really wanted to fight GGG at his prime. Let's not forget that GGG was around 35 1/2 when he first fought Canelo. Hagler had been retired for years by that age. And guys like Roy Jones & James Toney had long since moved up in weight by that age. He was 36 1/2 when he fought Canelo the 2nd time. Again, I thought he won both fights...though I acknowledge that many people think otherwise.

Nobody has unified SMW before. But maybe that's because SMW, historically, hasn't been a big deal. Many great fighters spent very little time there moving up from MW to LHW. Some great fighters (e.g. Hopkins) never bothered with it. There were good fights (e.g. RJJ and James Toney) there from time-to-time but it was never a prestige decision and that's why fighters like RJJ or Jon Calzaghe never bothered trying to unify it. If it has become a prestige division now - it's only because Canelo is operating there now...it's not due to the depth of competition.

Surrix likes this.
  9. acie2g

Jul 21, 2010
    Y’all GGG fanatics be too much man, good day sir

10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Buterelo fanatics too are too much.
    Both are boring and western buterelo fanatics even a bit more.

11. acie2g

Jul 21, 2010
    Dude I have no idea what you’re even trying to say?

12. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    We agree to disagree, I guess. Good to day to you, youself then.

13. acie2g

Jul 21, 2010
    I mean as soon as you said GGG won 9rds vs Jacobs you exposed yourself as not somebody worth taking seriously man...7-5 ok i could at least hear but y’all are ridiculous, dude has never fought anybody worth a damn and has never really tried to, yet y’all praise this mediocrity.. look man when Golovkin first came out vs Stevens I was a fan but, let’s be real Golovkin has never tried to make any type of concession to make a good fight like a GREAT fighter. We were told the Monroe is as good as Lara and the guy who won a vacant title vs a bum then lost it in his very next fight and never beaten a champion ever in Lemiuex are great wins.. get the hell outta here lmao.
    People want to talk he was so ducked could have fought Cotto at 58 and ran talking about 160, could have fought Lara could have fought Ward could have fought Canelo earlier then he did since Canelo supposedly ducked him so hard, won’t mention any type of Champions name and has literally done nothing different from bum ass fighters like Andrade Calling out the money guy while finding any and every reason not to make good fights.. all you gonna respond with is he was ducked yet can’t tell me one thing he’s done to actually make a good fight?

14. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Haven't you learned by now that GGG fans are programmed to give any remotely close round to GGG, because he's the Champ remember lmao and to win rounds vs the Champ you need to take it to the Champ and dominate or GGG wins the round. That's how it works in GGG la la land lol.

15. Dairygivesmegas

Dairygivesmegas New Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    That's debatable about their marks on the face afterwards. Even if that were true, that isn't how you score a fight.