Is Holyfield vs Wladimir next?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vincent Gottschalk, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Vincent Gottschalk

Vincent Gottschalk Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2005
    If Wladimir beats Brewster it seems that Holyfield is biggest money fight out there for Wladimir if Wlad wants to fight one more time this year.:deal

2. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Good god I hope not.

3. Tencount85

Tencount85 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 21, 2007
    I actually heard rumors of this and it would be interesting sure, but like the poster above, I hope not. You'd never see him again, that's for sure (holyfield).

4. KobeIsGod

KobeIsGod Who Necks?!? Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    It's now or never for Evander. Three belts are going to be tied up for the forseeable future. He isn't going to get any better or less rusty. The Wlad/Brew winner will be the only one not occupied. If Evander wants to be the clear champ again might as well go all out and go after the #1hw in Wlad. If Lamon wins, I'll see him as #1 also and clearly the tales of his demise would be proven false.

5. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Holyfield's name would look good on Wlad's resumé but it wouldn't prove much since the comebacking Holy has yet to defeat a top 10 guy in his recent run.

Maybe Holyfield could fight TOS for a chance at the winner of Klitschko vs. Brewster 2...................

6. Vincent Gottschalk

Feb 16, 2005
    In a way it would be best for Holyfield to fight Wladimir as most likely the fight will end early without Holyfield taking to much punishment while Sultan Chagaev and Peter would all take longer to take Holyfield out giving him a real beat down:!:

7. KobeIsGod

KobeIsGod Who Necks?!? Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Wlad vs. Holy would be an awful slaughter. This Holy stands way too much in the pocket and would get hit with jabs, hooks, and straight rights. He doesn't have the power or all-out aggressive style to panic Wlad. His heart and chin would prolong the suffering and I could see the ref or his corner stopping it by the 7/8. Hope it doesnt happen.

8. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I hope not, this fight shouldn't be sanctioned and would do nothing for Wlad at this point exept pad his bank account

9. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Part of me wants this to happen cause its my favourite current Heavyweight getting a title shot, but I just think Wlad would mess him up. Holy vs Sultan/Oleg would be a better fight for him at this stage, I'm not saying he would win but he would be less likely to get hurt.

10. Vincent Gottschalk

Feb 16, 2005
    Hey lets face it Holyfield looked better in last fight then Rahman did who also talked about as Wladimir next opponent and Wlad is looking for a American opponent for fight here in the USA. I think this fight is going to happen:bbb

11. Tencount85

Tencount85 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 21, 2007
    I respect Holyfield because you know he would take it, even now, but it would be bad for him. He'd probably sustain permanent brain damage though some argue he's screwed in the future as it is anyway.

12. Ayatollah

Ayatollah ESB's Godliest poster Full Member

May 13, 2005
    I pray to Allah that this will not happen.

HOllyfield will leave the ring in a casket at this stage of his life.

13. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Beating any of the other three beltholders would mean that Evander is still a great fighter, but if he wants to prove that he's still "the real" world champion there's only one man to beat and that's the winner of the Wlad/Brewster fight. Not that it could end in anything else than a disaster, but you can't blame the man for trying.

14. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Right now I think its the biggest fight in heavyweight boxing. I would buy that fight.

15. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :patsch :rofl