Is Holyfield vs Wladimir next?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vincent Gottschalk, Jul 7, 2007.

1. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    I agree, Holyfield is dangerously close to taking one too many punches in the ring.

I believe that he should not be sanctioned to fight anymore as he already has the early signs of brain damage, ala Ali.

He has used his iron chin as an equalisers, but Wlad might murder him.
    Nothing gained for either fighter.

2. Bubba

Bubba Devin was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wlad needs to stop avoiding Corrie Sanders!

3. Cookie

Cookie Active Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Klitschko would be within his rights to defend against Holyfield, as he is ranked in the top 15 of the sanctioning body. But whether or not he will, or if he's got a mandatory coming up, is another matter.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see that fight if the path is clear.

4. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    I think it's the worst possible match-up for Holyfield out of the four current belt holders. Manny knows Holyfield inside-out anyway, let alone the 44 year old version.

5. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    I believe the IBF has just made Brewster Wlad's mandatory after the fight was already scheduled. This means that if/when Wlad wins he shouldn't have to fight mandatory defense for about a year. This leaves open the possibility of unification or a possible Holyfield fight.

6. Irish Steel

Irish Steel Active Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2007

Tommy Morrison beqat george foreman, and what did it do for him? Nothing.

7. Bubba

Bubba Devin was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The IBF will give Wlad mandatory after mandatory non-stop!!

First it was the undeserving Ray Austin who got his shot by getting a draw!! :roll:
    Now it will be the winner of Calvin Brock vs. Chris Byrd!! :patsch

8. Ramon Rojo

Ramon Rojo Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2005
    If that happens i will never watch boxing again.

9. Cookie

Cookie Active Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I heard people talking about that. But I haven't heard any definitive confirmation. That would obviously be good news if it is indeed true. Given that most of the fighters at the top of the IBF rankings are former Wlad victims.

10. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    If the IBF is stupid enough to make the winner of Byrd vs. Brock the mandatory then Wlad should really drop the belt. That's utter rubbish. Wlad has defeated Byrd twice, once recently and it wasn't even close. He aslo defeated Brock by devastating KO only 2 fights ago & besides, what has either fighter done since to justify an eliminator? :huh Especially Byrd.....at least Brock has 2 recent wins deosn't he? I can't even name the opponents though :yep

11. 1-Ton

1-Ton Walking in the Light Full Member

Sep 15, 2005
    I like Holyfield too much. I would love to see him fight any of the other belt holders, just not Wlad. It would be very sad.