Is it just me or has Eddie stopped talking about DAZN?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dragon Punch, Dec 12, 2018.

1. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    His dad Barry probably told him to be careful, calm down a bit and humble himself. Sometimes you can bite off more than you can chew. Eddie may be the man in the UK (although Warren is constantly biting away) but the US boxing pit is a different story. You cant go other there and play Mr Big Bollocks, they will put your head on a spike. DLH, Arum, Al Haymon. Finkel etc will have none of it.

305th likes this.
  2. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    There's method to what Eddie Hearn does. I like watching him because he's good at his job and an effective communicator.

He talks about what he wants to sell. A few months ago he was trying to get news about the new us operation out and to reach the boxers he wanted to sign by getting through their layers of management. So he keeps hammering that message in every interview. He layers on the hype because that's what a new entrant into an established marketplace has to do. Ruffling feathers is inevitable and part of the price of doing business.

Now the situation is changed, Dazn is up and runnning and there's no awareness problem he can address from his YouTube interviews. So he moves on to other priorities. Hopefully making a meaningful fight for AJ.

3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Sonny1 and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Good post re US. They've seen it all before. They already called his bluff over "muh $50million".

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
  6. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Interesting...so DAZN where outbid by Showtime even though relatively nobody in America is interested in the fight and DAZN are swimming in cash and need content. Seems to me DAZN just wasn’t interested personally..I can sense trouble ahead

7. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Or Showtime are trying to build up someone to fight Wilder...

8. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Barry told him to what?

Have you ever heard Barry Hearn talk?

Holler likes this.
  9. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Not sure about that.

Showtime showing Whyte makes sense.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
  11. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Canelo is now swimming in cash. Perhaps the owners think that the English promoter is all talk.

12. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    That's not going to happen.

13. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    I believe Kuggan will probably give him the heads up before the interview and Eddie will have already prepared his answer..infact some of the US interviewers like Radio Raheem will definately ask him, so Eddie will probably go in prepared. That’s fine by me though- im just interested about what he’s going to say about it.

14. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    I don’t see how. Whyte is nowhere near fighting Wilder IMO. Breazeale being a Haymon fighter will definately be ahead of him in the que as well.

Who knows what’s going on, but it doesn’t smell right from Eddie’s point of view.

15. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Given Whyte could fight, Usyk/Miller/AJ surely makes a load of sense to be on DAZN