Is it time the WBC dumped Maskaev?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Kurgan, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. The Kurgan

    The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2004
    Messages:
    8,445
    Likes Received:
    31
    It's been well over a year now since he won the WBC title. Since then, he's fought one of the worst WBC title challengers of all time- scratch that, THE WORST- in the form of Peter Okhello. Since December, he's at various points proposed fighting Vitali or Peter... And NEITHER have come off.

    Is it time the WBC dumped Maskaev? If he's not defending their belt, if he's not fighting within their established rules, then what's the point in keeping him?
     
  2. Tito Time

    Tito Time slayin um Full Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2006
    Messages:
    3,919
    Likes Received:
    1
    Dump him asap.. I can't stand his a$$!
     
  3. lefthook31

    lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2007
    Messages:
    20,862
    Likes Received:
    138
    They have to absolutely let Peter fight for the interim title, and I bet they will. Problem is King will step in and put Oliver Mcall or Larry Donald in the spot, or some other piece of crap he controls, watch.
     
  4. mykolakozak

    mykolakozak Active Member Full Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2006
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    0
    They should give Oleg one more chance, no matter how much he is disliked. He said 120 days and the fight should be rescheduled for soemwhere around January 6. If he fails then, then I think it will be time to take the belt away. But if he fights within 3 months, if not Peter than someone else will soon put an end to him.
     
  5. Ambition_Def

    Ambition_Def **** the people. Full Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Messages:
    8,161
    Likes Received:
    3
    Drop him now.

    Let the heavyweights get along without Vitali and without Maskaev. They aren't needed nor should they be.
     
  6. AJAX

    AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2006
    Messages:
    8,123
    Likes Received:
    1
    I never liked Peter but he has been screwed over enough. there should be an interm title fight with Mcall which is perfect because he is the next mandatory after Vitaly and he said he can make the oct 6 fight. Oleg fought Rachman last Aug wasn't it? and since then he has fought Peter Okello in over a year. I think he has milked this enough, time for an interm title match
    Mcall- Peter!!!!
     
  7. brooklyn1550

    brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2006
    Messages:
    24,017
    Likes Received:
    47
    Strip him and let Peter fight for the actual WBC title on the 6th or let Peter fight for the interim title on the 6th
     
  8. jisi

    jisi Boxing Junkie Full Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    Messages:
    13,272
    Likes Received:
    1
    :good They are to old.
     
  9. H .

    H . Boxing Junkie banned

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2007
    Messages:
    12,826
    Likes Received:
    3
    Don't dump him yet. Do Peter-McCall for interim title. Give Maskaev a deadline.