Is josh taylor washed up at 30?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by elmaldito, Jun 1, 2023.

1. JMotrain

JMotrain Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Lopez hasn't scored a KO in his last 4 fights ever since stepping up his competition. Now he's going to KO Taylor, who Prograis couldn't KO? I highly doubt it. He could get another dubious decision like his last fight but I doubt he is knocking out Taylor.

elmaldito likes this.
  2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    mentally josh will be in full control. totally diff class of fighter.

3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    clipped doesn't mean KO Mang, calm down.

4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Fat boy is praying Lopez lands a Hail Mary he hates fighters like Taylor

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He used his height and reach more in that fight that's true as Ramirez's strengths are when he's up close but it was hardly what I'd all a classic display for boxing from range. He wasn't facing a good out boxer and he still stood right in front on his opponent for long stretches.

When he did fight a good out boxer in Catterall he had his style completely negated and couldn't figure out what to do, couldn't adapt and couldn't adjust and probably still hasn't figured a way to beat Catterall fairly hence why he's avoided the rematch.

Taylor is good at what he does hence why he's favoured to beat Lopez but he has his limitations and I just don't think 140 is that deep and if he goes up or any of the other 140 guys go up we'll see just how poor the division is when the top 147 guys dominate them.

CleneloAnavarez and Badbot like this.
  6. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    thats all teo has is a punchers chance.

7. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony He`s the new Chisora as is Wilder Full Member

May 17, 2023
    Too fast.

drenlou likes this.
  8. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Few top dogs at 140 have been able to be the top dogs at 147.
    It´s a waste of a division.

Don´t get me wrong, it´s always had a lot of exciting talent competing for those belts, but it´s a lesser division than 147. Also, how fun would 147 be if 140 didn´t exist?

9. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    Well we saw tonight how Taylor did vs Lopez at range, he got comprehensively out boxed and was unable to force his way in against the smaller man like he usually does.

I think my assessment was fair, the two times he's been kept on the outside he's lost. His size has allowed him to force smaller men to fight him at his best range as they cut the distance but when he has an opponent who wants to keep it long and prevent him from coming in, he's lack of skills from range are very apparent. Whenever a tall man chooses to fight most of a fight up close it's usually because they are hiding a flaw in their skill set.

10. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony He`s the new Chisora as is Wilder Full Member

May 17, 2023
    Taylor likes to hug up close.

11. Brighton bomber

Apr 4, 2005
    Taylor doesn't really hug up close, he's physical in close, likes to use his size and weight advantage on smaller men, manhandling them into positions where he can land his shots. He's surprisingly good at that for such a tall fighter, it's just a shame he hasn't worked on his outside skills as much as he has on his inside skills.

UniversalPart likes this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    After tonight's performance, I think it's safe to say....... an emphatic YES!

Gareth Priest and UniversalPart like this.
  13. Chris wrench

Chris wrench New Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2021
    He's 32 bit yeah, he's extremely washed... Especially at 140.

Gareth Priest likes this.
  14. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Too accurate.

Mark Anthony likes this.
  15. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Taylor cannot make weight anymore, it's obvious. In super light he can't do **** anymore. The rest of his career is receiving beating after beating by the top guys in WW. Top guys at WW must be salivating right now.

Gareth Priest and drenlou like this.