Is Joshua Wilder next pretty much

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Boxlight

Boxlight Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 28, 2016
    or will Wilder take Joseph Parker next while Joshua fights a tune up for a Wilder-Joshua megafight?

2. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I don't think Wilder will want to take on a genuine threat before facing Joshua. A defeat would cost him his 'AJ pay day'. I suspect Parker will be avoided...

lewis gassed likes this.
  3. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I doubt Wilder would fight Parker before AJ.

I'm not even sure if Wilder really wants to fight AJ.

lewis gassed and ashishwarrior like this.
  4. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    He was calling out bellew ffs

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    AJ has mandatory obligations with Pulev and Ortiz and Wilder was more interested in picking a fight with Bellew than Joshua. Wilder himself said 2018 is more likely and he wants Parker first, though you have to take everything he says with a huge pinch of salt. I doubt Wilder tries to unify at all.

6. Hogified05

Hogified05 Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2017
    I think Wilder desperately wants Parker. WBC screwed him by handing Stiverne the mandatory. If he has to fight him it will set the momentum created by AJ and Klitschko back 6 months. He can't vacate, its the only bargaining chip he has vs AJ, that belt. The only way he can avoid Stiverne while keeping the belt is unification. I don't see AJ taking Wilder next. I think he rematches Klitschko or fights Pulev. That leaves Parker.

Makes sense for both. Only thing that would side track it is Parker taking the Bellew fight. I hope for the sake of the division Parker and Wilder get it on this summer in Vegas or NY.

If Wilder wins it would give him another desperately needed credible win. Two belts. Raise his profile because I'm sure AJ would come for the fight. Gives him more bargaining with AJ for undisputed and gateway to cracking America.

7. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Stiverne isn't mandatory from all I could find that was official. Last thing g in official writing was that there had to be a final eliminator between Stiverne and Ortiz. Neither wanted that matchup, but presumably there will still be a final eliminator to be mandatory

8. Hogified05

Hogified05 Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2017
    It was shortly after the Washington fight. It was all over WBC ordered it. Hell I hope I'm wrong. Ortiz would be a fun mandatory. I hope that's what happens.

9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why not...

Wilder can either: Make alot of money getting KO'd by AJ and retire with his family in peace

or risk losing to a second or third tier fighter for less money....

I don't think Wilder has becomed disillusioned to where his place is in the division as shown by his opponent selection...

10. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Not unless you consider 2019 pretty much.

11. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything online and I actually put a thread up asking about the status of WBC mandatory last week and no one could come up with anything official other than the article I about the eliminator. Anyway, you may be right but if you could post a link to something official that would be great.

12. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Wilder vs Parker in London would be great.

Staminakills likes this.
  13. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If this fight happens it won't happen for a while because all talking aside one of them will lose so cow's need to be milked as long as possible..

Staminakills likes this.
  14. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    No he wasn't. Lmfao

15. khaosai galaxi

khaosai galaxi Superbad Full Member

Apr 17, 2017
    Wilder Bellew is Next lol