Is Lara Vs Wood the best featherweight fight in recent years?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Austinboxing, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Austinboxing

Austinboxing British Boxing fan Full Member

Jul 8, 2021
    It’s very rare to see a fight between two power houses at such a low weight. It’s a shame it’s no longer for the super belt and just for the regular one now. I think the delay meant it’s no longer for the vacant super WBA belt or something (don’t really know tbh and I don’t think any ones does.) But anyway, I’m really looking forward to this fight. The winner of this will be without a doubt the best featherweight in the world.

2. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I can't tell whether you're trolling or not. The winner of this will not become without a doubt the best featherweight in the world. I'm not even sure if Leigh Wood is the best out of him and the last guy he fought lol. I'd currently rank the division like: Vargas>Navarrete>Magsayo>GAR>Lara. Wood? I guess I'd put him in the top 10. The winner can be #2 after Vargas and Navarrete moves up if Lara wins, and #3 if Wood wins.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  3. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    It’s not for the Regular belt, it’s for the standard WBA belt (not Super, not Regular, just plain old WBA). They upgraded Wood so the winner will be a legitimate champion (as Wood is now).

NullaLexInk likes this.